WinXP Hibernation Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP Hibernation Problems

I have my carpc set up to go into hibernation. It goes into hibernation fine, but when I turn it back on it does a full boot instead of coming out of hibernation. I can't really figure out why. I have an EPIA MII10000 with a Morex 60w PS & Carnetix P1260. WinXP is set to go into Hibernation when the powerswitch is pressed. I had this working fine when I had it set up with an Opus 90w powersupply, but it doesn't want to work with the Morex/Carnetix combo. Any ideas?

That's weird man.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp111
      I have my carpc set up to go into hibernation. It goes into hibernation fine, but when I turn it back on it does a full reboot instead of coming out of hibernation. I can't really figure out why. I have an EPIA MII10000 with a Morex 60w PS & Carnetix P1260. WinXP is set to go into Hibernation when the powerswitch goes on. I had this working fine when I had it set up with an Opus 90w powersupply, but it doesn't want to work with the Morex/Carnetix combo. Any ideas?

jeremyp111.... I have the same problem. I too would appriciate a solution if anyone knows of something!
      -Thanks

Comment

I've noticed sometimes my computer freaks out if I'm accessing the hard drive constantly like booting for instance. (only when the car's off and my voltage is lower than it should be) It causes freaky things with the power. What/how many drives do you have? CD-rom, hard drive, USB devices, etc. That's the best I know where to start man, sorry.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Iím using a inverter+itps and a amd board, but i very occasionally get the same problem. I found out that when power its shut down ( in my case, when the itps cuts the power to the relay that is between the battery and the inverter). The itps feeds a very small pulse to the output that is connected to the pc power switch. This sometimes is enough to make the pc start, and since its power is cut immediately after, when it boots again it no long resumes from hibernation.
          Donít know if it's your case, but I thought you might want to explore the possibility.
          Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
          Status -->
          Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
          BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder
            I've noticed sometimes my computer freaks out if I'm accessing the hard drive constantly like booting for instance. (only when the car's off and my voltage is lower than it should be) It causes freaky things with the power. What/how many drives do you have? CD-rom, hard drive, USB devices, etc. That's the best I know where to start man, sorry.
            Here's what I have:
            EPIA MB (as above)
            512mb ram
            (1) 2.5" 60gb HD
            (1) slim DVD
            wi-fi PC card
            USB GPS mouse
            USB gyration keyboard/mouse combo
            Lilliput USB touchscreen controller
            Lilliput is powered from 12v+ regulated from Carnetix P1260

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
              Iím using a inverter+itps and a amd board, but i very occasionally get the same problem. I found out that when power its shut down ( in my case, when the itps cuts the power to the relay that is between the battery and the inverter). The itps feeds a very small pulse to the output that is connected to the pc power switch. This sometimes is enough to make the pc start, and since its power is cut immediately after, when it boots again it no long resumes from hibernation.
              Donít know if it's your case, but I thought you might want to explore the possibility.
              I've watched it to see if anything funny was happening, but it does go into hibernation properly. Power is shut down shortly there after. Most of the time it looks like it's trying to come out of hibernation and then just goes into a full boot like it was never in hibernation. Do you think i should try to repair the XP installation?

Comment

Does it still work ok with the powerswitch button?
                Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on this, but does the motherboard still need power whilst in hibernation? I know it does for stand-by, but if your power supply is completely powered off (rather than just the PC), then this might be the cause?

Comment

Originally posted by l9nux
                    I'm not 100% sure on this, but does the motherboard still need power whilst in hibernation? I know it does for stand-by, but if your power supply is completely powered off (rather than just the PC), then this might be the cause?
                    They don't need power in hibernation.
                    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                      Does it still work ok with the powerswitch button?
                      No because the powerswitch button is disconnected from the MB. It's replaced by the green/black wires that come from the Carnetix P1260 to control shutdown. It's weird cuz it worked flawlessly with the Opus, but not the Carnetix. Sometimes it works (not very often) but most times it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp111
                        No because the powerswitch button is disconnected from the MB. It's replaced by the green/black wires that come from the Carnetix P1260 to control shutdown. It's weird cuz it worked flawlessly with the Opus, but not the Carnetix. Sometimes it works (not very often) but most times it doesn't.
                        I sugest that you try it with the powerswitch. This will allow to narrow the possible causes. But if with the opus it worked ok, I think it's a shutdown controler problem.
                        Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                        Status -->
                        Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                        BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Bravellir
                          I sugest that you try it with the powerswitch. This will allow to narrow the possible causes. But if with the opus it worked ok, I think it's a shutdown controler problem.
                          I actually tried it with the powerswitch before installing the Opus and it worked fine then. No problems. I think it might not be hibernating fully before the Carnetix is shutting off power. It's set for 30 seconds. I'll see if I can change that to a longer time.

Comment

I had this problem after doing some tweaks that were supposed to increase my boot time.
                            The laptop would go into hibernation, but when turning back on it would not un-hibernate, it would give me the option to 'delete restoration data' and reboot from scratch. I had to reformat to get hibernate working again.
                            You could try just re-installing windows though
                            Mercedes Benz CLK 430

Comment

I'm using a Carnetix CN-P1260 with a Cubid 3688 case and Epia MII12000 mobo.

It is set to hibernate when the power switch is pressed an when the PSU turns it off it enters hibernation Ok and resumes when I turn the ignition on again.

You could check your settings in the power options in control panel and also check to see if you get the "Resuming Windows" display at boot time.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
                              : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
                              : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Working...
                              X