Linux GPS software!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux GPS software!!

So I've been dinking with Linux and Unix quite a bit for this new job, and I have to say that I might be changing up the way that I do ALEXIS. For those folks who have been waiting to check it out, don't worry, the method I'm considering will still be Windows compatable.

Anyhow, I read in another thread a member complaining that he would use Linux if only there were some *nix-based GPS software.

TADA!!!

http://www.topology.org/soft/gps.html
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

None on that link to do routing; In one of the other threads though the guy writing Head Unit for Linux did get Mappoint and Destinator working under Wine; would be good to see them working outside of an X desktop
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
      None on that link to do routing; In one of the other threads though the guy writing Head Unit for Linux did get Mappoint and Destinator working under Wine; would be good to see them working outside of an X desktop
      Infomap Navigator also works under linux too. It's UK/Europe ATM, but I believe infomap a working on US/Canada maps too.
      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Not to rain on your parade deadweasel, but I don't see anything new there. Did I miss something?
        2004 4runner

Comment

Working...
        X