Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaCar, Ninja Monkey frontend and D3SDK

Been playing.

Following the monster thread in the GPS forum regarding Hexediting the D3 DLL, and using Ninja Monkeys front end and Mapcutter, I was able to cut up the UK_Ireland maps into suitable sized chunks, and have D3 show the map without the Notforsale etc, etc and not complain about maps not being registered.

Now bear in mind this is on my Desktop machine because the CarPC isn't rebuilt yet.

I installed Mediacar, but it couldn't detect D3 as Destinator.
    So I selected the Ninja Monkey frontend as external GPS and set it to use external as the main GPS and gave it Destinator 3 as the search string.

It opened the Destinator 3 program embedded, it did popout when using dialogues but went straight back emedded afterwards.

I'm going to play some more.
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
    Following the monster thread in the GPS forum regarding Hexediting the D3 DLL, and using Ninja Monkeys front end and Mapcutter, I was able to cut up the UK_Ireland maps into suitable sized chunks, [snip]
    How big is the map ?
    Car pc integration with ease
    Car mediacenter

Comment

Oh no!!! Two threads to follow!!!!!!! I'm already only just keeping up with the one D3 SDK thread!
      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

jbors. The Map cutter app of ninja Monkey's has predefined regions of UK (NI/SI,Scotland, Wales, Northern E, Mid E, Southern E).

Each one fits into the necessary space. England was the biggest problem, when I tried to cut it manually as one map from the console, it was 126meg, which was too big.

using Mapcutter it worked fine as 3 seperate maps.

LOL, hopefully the other one can sleep now we have progress, and people can add here their succes with Frodo, Mediacar etc.
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Working...
        X