Cheap prices on software? kind of scary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap prices on software? kind of scary

Has anyone recieved this email and if so has anyone actually purchased any of this stuff and got it?

"Get all the software you ever imagined for bottom prices!
    Our software is 2-10 times cheaper than sold by our competitors.

Just a few examples:

$80 Windows XP Professional
    $120 Microsoft Office 2003 Professional
    $100 Adobe Photoshop 8.0/CS
    $50 Norton Internet Security Pro 2004 Professional (Including: AntiVirus + AntiSpam + Firewall)
    $180 Macromedia Studio MX 2004 (Including: Dreamweaver MX + Flash MX + Fireworks MX)
    $150 Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional
    $20 Red Hat Linux 7.3

Categories: Business, Internet, Antivirus, Security, etc.
    And lots more... Visit us at:

Mirror 1: http://www.hemisoft.biz
    Mirror 2: http://www.decasoft.biz

Sincerely,
    Alice Walker"
    You can still have something if you have nothing

That most likely was just random email spam. Never go to their websites, if you do chances are you will get viruses, and chances are they are just scams. I'll look into the websites and see who they are owned by and from where

Its a russian company, so good luck getting your money back if its a scam. I personally never trust OEM software companies. Too easy for them to circumvent copyright laws and scam people.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Those are beleivable. Charities get windows xp for something like $15 a licence.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

lol they are pretending to be charities and then selling them for cheap. bad bad bad oh btw i'm loveing v.8, using it in my car and its working great. and i'm only using sapi 5
        CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

oh please oh please don't be that person that buys products from spam.. you are just supporting the spammers
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
            lol they are pretending to be charities and then selling them for cheap. bad bad bad oh btw i'm loveing v.8, using it in my car and its working great. and i'm only using sapi 5
            Great! v.8 is still beta Wait till you get to see the real thing, with Destinator3 support and full gamma correction program (separate for people who want to set gamma correction manually)

I saw the cheap software when I volunteered for Christlis, the computer guy is like we get software for so cheap, but its just licences I think some software was even free!
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If you buy from them you will either:
              A: Get your credit card charged and never receive anything.
              B: Get charged and get some obviously home made copy of the software
              C: Not get anything and have some Russian buy lots of Vodka and Caviar using your credit card #.
              D: Get your identity stolen.
              E: All of the Above.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

you never were much for optimism
                I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                  If you buy from them you will either:
                  A: Get your credit card charged and never receive anything.
                  B: Get charged and get some obviously home made copy of the software
                  C: Not get anything and have some Russian buy lots of Vodka and Caviar using your credit card #.
                  D: Get your identity stolen.
                  E: All of the Above.
                  Hey, there's nothing wrong with being Russian, but there is something wrong with the goverment
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Occasionally companies that go bankrupt or other reasons sell licenses of software for very cheap...

The CD might be a home-copy, but if the license comes then your legit...

Sorry Brady, you are not seeing the full picture here... that particular website might be spam, nonlegit or whatever, but it isnt to say it is impossible...

Also, how much does a legit copy of winxp sell for in Russia? In Brazil some software is cheaper than in the US due to currency fluctuations, so there ya go!
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
                    X