Any plans for dual screens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans for dual screens?

To all carputer programmers out there. I know it is rare, but is anyone one of you planning to create a dual screen mode/version of your software?

Originally posted by nl4jy
    To all carputer programmers out there. I know it is rare, but is anyone one of you planning to create a dual screen mode/version of your software?
    Yeah Garry and Andrew (A.K.A. Confused and Danceheaven) are, although it's possible with most of the existing ones if you're clever enough!
    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
      Yeah Garry and Andrew (A.K.A. Confused and Danceheaven) are, although it's possible with most of the existing ones if you're clever enough!
      care to explain ? I would love to be able to run my navigation on my in dash screen and a DVD on my drop down...
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I too, would like to know how. I currently have three screens in my truck. One lilliput and one drop down xen and an in dash clarion.
        "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

I want to know, too.

Which frontend software are you talking about?
          could this be done with MediaCar?

Tell me, I want to know!!

Comment

depends on the video card some.

I know ATI has a catalyst program that handles mult monitor. There are tons of multi monitor handling programs. Check them out (google)
            I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

It'd be kind of nice to have the option of selecting a screen for DVD playback, fullscreen vis & video/divx etc. That way if you have a dual screen setup front/back you can have video/visuals for the rear passengers without being foul of the law for the driver. I hope you're reading this Frodo
              EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
              Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
              XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Hes talking about A.I.M.E.E see my signature

Yes were hoping on supporting dual screens alough this is further down the pipeline as yet, you will be able to see dvd on one screen and gps on another without a doubt
                and or audio / gps or audio / visuals the only limitations are how you have you screens wired up, and spaghetti and PimpJ are saying you could use Nvidias dekstop application Nview to do this or ati also have one do a
                Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

I can easily enough duplicate my desktop to another screen.. or even extend it... but i cant play DVD on one and do GPS/MP3/XM on the other with any of the currently relased frontends...
                  Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

"Hes talking about A.I.M.E.E see my signature"

Cant miss it, but he did say "To all car programmers" and this is NOT in a specific front end section, so I'd say it applies to ALL not just yours.

However: If AIMEE could support this then excellent! It looks promising as it is
                    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by pip

Cant miss it, but he did say "To all car programmers" and this is NOT in a specific front end section, so I'd say it applies to ALL not just yours.

However: If AIMEE could support this then excellent! It looks promising as it is
                      AIMEE is not released yet..

Comment

That's what i'm figuring out now.. I want 2 extra screens in my headrests.
                        One those 2 must be only video or video. In the front frodo mainscreen and destinator or whatever.. The 2 screens are duplicated on one tv-out. Waiting forAIMEE thus..

Comment

I guess the CPU load will be quite high running DVD on one screen and GPS/MP3 on another - not something for an Epia I'd guess - anyone ever tried it? Does it give choppy playback?

Steve

RV : Samsung Q1 + Kyocera KR1 (EVDO) + GPS<br>
                          Car: AMD 3000+ Book PC + Lilliput 8" Touch + 13" TFT

Webmaster for the European Ford Scorpio Site

Comment

Originally posted by pip

i meant spaghetti as in he,
                            Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
                            www.aimee.cc

Comment

I can't wait till A.I.M.E.E comes out. i have two headrest tv's and the front screen

Comment

Working...
                              X