X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death to WinAmp...

http://www.betanews.com/article/Deat...amp/1100111204

-Mario

personally, i think it doesnt matter. i downloaded winamp3 once, deleted the minute i ran it, same with winamp5....still useing good ol' winamp2.8 or something like that

Comment

Kind of sucks... but Winamp has sucked in the last couple of years. It looks like we're stuck with M$ in yet another aspect!

Comment

I think v5 works well.

Works with all the v2.x plug-ins I have...

-Mario

Comment

Originally posted by egeekial
          Kind of sucks... but Winamp has sucked in the last couple of years. It looks like we're stuck with M$ in yet another aspect!
          how do you figure?
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Originally posted by egeekial
            MS completely blows, Winamp5 is better than that. I just like the old ver. of winamp because there was less going on (slim application) and plenty of functionality.

Comment

v2.91 is the best !!
              5 is great, 3 was ok...... but 2.91 is stable as hell!!
              Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

that's a real shame. Hopefully the original people who were involved in the winamp development will get together one day and start a new company to give us some more great software.
                Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Sucks for people like netsuo who developed their whole frontends around winamp.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Never really used winamp. I think i used it once years ago didnt like it so much. Now its
                    iTunes = music
                    VLC/WMP = media
                    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                    Buy Sell or Trade
                    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                    Thank you
                    Forex
                    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                      Sucks for people like netsuo who developed their whole frontends around winamp.
                      Not really. Just because it isn't being developed anymore doesn't make it any less useable. And plugin developers will be at it for years to come.
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                        Not really. Just because it isn't being developed anymore doesn't make it any less useable. And plugin developers will be at it for years to come.
                        True, but it doesn't do much to boost developer confidence that their software will be compatable with future windows technologies (longhorn).
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

i'm hoping when longhorn comes out everyone will be so sick of microsofts **** they switch to linux

on the winamp note i still love it, i would use 2.9 but i'm addicted to the mm3 skin so i need 5, besides my computer can easily handle it, and it runs a heap better than WMP
                          Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

This is why I like open source/non-profit. XMMS, mplayer, etc. It's all still thriving. The only thing I can remember going down like this was xfree86, but that was for the better.
                            Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                            Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                            sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Working...
                            X