carpc software progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpc software progress

OK so i started work on a car pc software a couple of weeks ago, here is some progress so far - appologies for poor quality jpg (and also for being crap at designing buttons!)

Main Screen

Audio Playlist

Playing audio

GPS system (using mappoint2004 - note the gps satellite status above the exit button - also note the red circle; that is the nearest speed camera drawn from a database file)

using the on screen keyboard to enter an address

routing to that address

OBD2 screen still very primitive but showing a few dials that arent really connected up yet!

What are you writing it in?
    JohnRam

Comment

vb.net - if any bits prove to slow i will knock out some c++ dll for that bit though

Comment

very nice looks promising
        Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by jwrpalmer
          vb.net - if any bits prove to slow i will knock out some c++ dll for that bit though
          dot net is not efecient language for this kind of huge heavy media work with dx

Comment

well its running fine on my epia so far, i can have the gps tracking during media playback with visualisation and its fine - as i said I will code anything that uses too much cpu in c++, also I am using gdi+ atm not dx.. I'm not planning on "huge heavy media work", drawing buttons and controls isn't heavy media work - maybe any dvd player I write will have to be in C but I haven't got round to that yet as it's the part im least keen to use..

for example it takes the gps class 11ms to search the entire list of UK camera sites and work out the nearest one, plot it on screen, write the distance and draw a warning if needed.. that's using a multi-threaded approach.. the fallacy that .net code is too slow has to die!

Comment

sure does look pretty

Comment

Originally posted by jwrpalmer
                well its running fine on my epia so far, i can have the gps tracking during media playback with visualisation and its fine - as i said I will code anything that uses too much cpu in c++, also I am using gdi+ atm not dx.. I'm not planning on "huge heavy media work", drawing buttons and controls isn't heavy media work - maybe any dvd player I write will have to be in C but I haven't got round to that yet as it's the part im least keen to use..

for example it takes the gps class 11ms to search the entire list of UK camera sites and work out the nearest one, plot it on screen, write the distance and draw a warning if needed.. that's using a multi-threaded approach.. the fallacy that .net code is too slow has to die!
                so you use mediaplayer 9 kernal working on the background?

Comment

its media player 10 im using yes - not much different from my point of view though!

Comment

Looks really good, I like it. Keep up the good work.
                    Installed
                    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dragonBTV

.Net is perfect for an application like this.
                      Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                      Via EPIA MII
                      512MB RAM
                      OEM GPS (embedded)
                      nLite WinXP pro on
                      1GB Extreme III CF card
                      Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                      Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

I'm impressed, and I think it looks promising. keep up the good work!

edit: I'm also curious how you're interfacing with mappoint

Comment

Originally posted by dragonBTV
                          what are you talking about? .NET is perfect. If you find its slow then its because whomever coded what software you're using was not efficient.
                          Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
                          Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X