Lexus Nav. Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexus Nav. Software

I have this Lexus Navigation software on DVD. I don't know if you guys have ever seen or used the Lexus navigation, but it is awesome (I think). It is extremely acurate and has something like 3 million POI's.
    Anyhow, I know it's proprietory, what exactly does that mean? Isn't there a way to use this software on our systems. You'd think with all you guru's out there someone would be able to make this work?
    I can send the dvd out to whoever thinks they can do this...
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

It depends on the system that is used by Lexus. I know that Acura's navigation software (TL & TSX) is based on Windows CE. Is Lexus's hardware completely proprietary?

Some people on the Acura forums were trying to figure out how to edit the DVD files in a Windows CE test environment. This was a while and I am sure the effort has been dropped by now - if onyl I knew the dedicated resources on this board.

-HD

Comment

StreetAtlas 2005 has 4 million POIs Get the POI list from there
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

@hd, don't know what system is used, file extensions are: .IDX and .KWI. If that helps any. I can read the disk (files) on my pc, but that's it. Don't know if this answers the questions.
        @ol33l, I was thinking that the Lexus nav. had more POI's that SA2005 ('cause that's what I've got) I realized that this has 6 million POI's. Not making up stuff here
        This is version 1, Lexus also has version 2 with 11 million POI's, but it just came out, so I don't have one of those dvd's (yet)
        Besides the amount of POI's, it is very nice software.
        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Personally, I think POIs on the screen just make it unclean. But yes, the more POIs the better Of those two files, which one is smaller? I'm betting that the smaller one is the one with the POI list. Maybe you can open it up in a HeX editor or something.

.KWI
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            Personally, I think POIs on the screen just make it unclean. But yes, the more POIs the better Of those two files, which one is smaller? I'm betting that the smaller one is the one with the POI list. Maybe you can open it up in a HeX editor or something.

.KWI
            Well, I know nothing about that stuff, that's why I asked.
            It has 6 KWI files and then a folder with about a 100 IDX files in it.
            I'm searching the web for more info. Thanks for the link.
            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
              Well, I know nothing about that stuff, that's why I asked.
              It has 6 KWI files and then a folder with about a 100 IDX files in it.
              I'm searching the web for more info. Thanks for the link.
              Ok. But which files are bigger? Also tell me how big each kind of file is.
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I heard the newest Lexus DVD disks are able to show street layouts (i.e. buildings). Though it's 2D - areas are marked off for office/apt. buildings. Like the AVIC-N1 metro layouts.

-HD

Comment

@ol, Both have 1 kb files, the largest idx is 250,000 kb
                  the largest kwi is 2,358,000 kb
                  Wish I could put up a screen shot, but don't know how.

BTW: just saw you're posts on clublexus.com

@hd, yeah, I just came from school about that, it only does this in major cities, like only about 4 or 5 so far
                  AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                    @ol, Both have 1 kb files, the largest idx is 250,000 kb
                    the largest kwi is 2,358,000 kb
                    Wish I could put up a screen shot, but don't know how.

BTW: just saw you're posts on clublexus.com
                    Yep, I'm a clublexus.com member Send both the smallest files to [email protected] . Maybe I can see whats inside them using HEX (UltraEdit).
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Sent them. Please check to make sure u got 'em. (hotmail sucks)

I saw your old WTB a black or gray SC. NOT RED!!!
                      You ended up with a red one after all
                      AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Yea it would be sweet if you could use car manufacturers nav software.. I just got a brochure for an Acura RL (just came out couple days ago). They have real time traffic / accident updates beamed to it.. It looks hella sweet..
                        Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

The software to run the DVD might be custom made by lexus (or a software company that they hired) but the maps on the CD are most likely generic maps.

Typically Raster maps from the car cd's are made by navteq (which is the most popular mapping company) and can actually be read by any type of software.

Technically speaking you could grab the raster maps for each region on that DVD and wrote frontend software to interact on top of those map files.. you can tell thier a map file because the file size is HUGE...

Thats my .5 cents
                          Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                          Via EPIA MII
                          512MB RAM
                          OEM GPS (embedded)
                          nLite WinXP pro on
                          1GB Extreme III CF card
                          Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                          Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

Originally posted by tbird2340
                            Yea it would be sweet if you could use car manufacturers nav software.. I just got a brochure for an Acura RL (just came out couple days ago). They have real time traffic / accident updates beamed to it.. It looks hella sweet..
                            Thats wild, never heard of that. Lexus is a real nice product and great to work on, but they allways seem to wait for every other carmaker to to try the new stuff first.
                            Like XM radio, for crying out loud...all our cars should come standard with that, (and service for free) not a flipping "add-on" option.
                            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by IntellaWorks
                              The software to run the DVD might be custom made by lexus (or a software company that they hired) but the maps on the CD are most likely generic maps.

Typically Raster maps from the car cd's are made by navteq (which is the most popular mapping company) and can actually be read by any type of software.

Technically speaking you could grab the raster maps for each region on that DVD and wrote frontend software to interact on top of those map files.. you can tell thier a map file because the file size is HUGE...

Thats my .5 cents
                              Go for it man, I'll send you a dvd if you can set this up.
                              AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X