XP Embedded Packages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Embedded Packages

I am posting gauge interest. I have come quite proficient in using Xp Embedded and have made shells for media car and frodoplayer. I am wondering if people would be interested in buying complete packages ie hardware, options, choice of LCD and having xp embedded installed on a flash device. Basically I am asking if I were to offer such packages would their be any interest.

Sounds interesting.... Roughly how much would such a setup cost?
    Carputer installed!!!
    Nlited XP+Minlogon, EpiaM10k, 512mb, Seagate 40 gig 2.5" HD, FM Dlink usb radio, DWL122 USB Wifi, XMD1000 tuner, PT5071 6 amp regulator, Xenarc 700TSV, and 1 ikea key box.

Comment

I dont know yet but I would like to keep the cost competetive to doing it yourself so the cost would be as low as reasonable

Comment

can you post some details that would make us actually WANT this?

How long does it take to boot like this? Can you just turn it "hard-off" "instant-on"?

Would you be selling just the flash drive?

Can you use an existing XP license if provided with the key and registration name for instalation?

Many already have a carpc this could be an upgrade!
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I am actually still working on getting the flash drive up so I dont have boot times for it yet. Boot time on my home pc are quite fast. About 30 seconds from power on to shell loaded (frontend) the hard drive I am using is quite slow but still pretty quick boot times with a hdd. I have the install down to under 300mb for all support. The licensing from what I hear is compatible with an existing XP key. However the keys I have heard are about $85. I would be offering full service of selling the full hardware package minus physical install hardware ie dash bezle and what not. Also offering you already have the hardware I make an embedded install for you and test. I dont know the full detail of what I might do but I wanted to gauge interest. Basically I am offering my time and skill to have a professionally taylored OS for our needs.

Comment

I'd be interested. please pm me if you want a first customer.

I'd need an ISO of sorts and instructions on installing on a flash drive, or would need the flash drive shipped to someone who can ship it to me here in brazil...

if you are interested in a first customer pm me when ur ready!
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Thats what DICE technology offers.
              www.digitalicetechnology.com

boot is actually 10-20 seconds...if i set FP as a shell..i had good 10seconds out of hibernation under m10000 512 7800 HD

Castetek.com is also doing this...but they dont have the things i have...so its cut throat from here...who offers more?
              look at my prices and what i offer...and you will know...
              plus i am the only one offering legal retail Right now

If you live in LA, CA i will need people...so pm me if u have any ideas

good luck
              Dice Technology
              DICE Los Angeles
              ]

Comment

ouch... 2000$!

Anyways, i didnt see the embedded stuff offered... Do you sell it separately? would it be custimized for neocar media center? thats what I'm going to be using so I'd need it to work with that...

What about supporting new applications? Do you need to recompile when isntalling stuff? what happens when a new version comes out and requires a new dll or something???

Thanks!

suggestion: clean your website a bit.... only the center pane has useful information regarding what you clicked, and it is largely obfuscated by the other information on the page.... I thought it was a bit hard to find the stuff... I ended up clicking on pre-order, then on the system that was offered... no "products" page or anything like that... just a suggestion
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

yunusyu I just tried to view your system spec page and the only thing that comes up is pop ups now. It is my fault though, I was asked to install some active X program and I did, your page still did not come up but those pop ups are!

yunusyu, you might want to consider a better hosting company!
                  [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

I'd probably be interested in xp embedded if it would cut some time of my hibernation resume.
                    '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

hey guys
                      The new website is being created....This is just a site i done before, so it worked as a template..
                      I dont know, I just know a guy from omnis hosting and it seemed like a good host...we will see in the future...

Neocar MC is a really cool software...I am working with Frodo, and mp3car.com
                      as...on top of taht Neo does not offer the interlock system yet...

Pretty much for the same price i will have windows load off flash drive...though i am still skeptical as i run into proiblems.

I have some people working on embeded right now, but nothing yet satisfies me...the idea of loading from from ram is great...PXE EWF...but right now we are concentrating on the base system and all the things we need to start the business...xp embeded comes later

as for the price: 1650 wihtout install
                      1950 with install....
                      ---its not bad compared to what our competitors offer...and they have minimal support and no interface, along with with many options we offer
                      also wherever a new version comes out, we send it to all of our customers with instructions...
                      --we need to make this technology easy for average consumer....and need to forsee the integration of "smart homes" microsoft is developing

but thats all later...i will have final details when we release...expecting Dec

by then i hope to have the motorized tuchscreens

MAIN THING: xp embedded did actually did not help our loading times

:gruvethang....the pop ups could be because of ur computer..try spybot software...it works fine on all other computers i tried sorry

RoyN: thats the reason the embedded seems wrong for the job.....unless we are going to use only one interface for ever, we are not going to use embedded...
                      Later after the investors are in and we going corporate, thats when we will have models that deal with only one interface with only one version....as we progress and new versions come out then the peopel ahve to buy a new computer...
                      This is something i dont want right now...need flexibility, tahts why we are keeping xp pro as the gui...but we might make a program taht switchs between FP shell and explorer shell depending on whether the interlock system is on or not...details later
                      DICE Los Angeles
                      ]

Comment

I checked out the site and hopefully Destinator and Ninja Monkey are cool with what you're doing. Also hopefully you're throwing a bone to some of those skinners-I'm not sure about FrodoPlayer, but it was CdRsKuLL that did the one for Destinator that I saw a screenshot of. Good luck with the site-probably need to screen your customers to make sure they have some knowledge of computers.
                        '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

WE are definitely working together...I have to finish up so things with Ninja monkey...but of course...I love the work by CDrskull and Frodo and ninja M and we are working out the dividents

i think this should be a fun venture...and i hope it does not get harder then it has to be everyone seems to be working otgether so well
                          DICE Los Angeles
                          ]

Comment

I am currnetly looking at going to be able to offer full packages in the 1400-1500 range. This will include Xp embedded with full driver support installed on a 1gb CF fash drive, a 120 GB with 8mb cache, a VIA mII 10000N MB, Wireless adaptor 802.11g, 512mb system ram, Slim CD/RW DVD 8X 24X10X24X8 either internal or external depends on installation requirements, liliput 7in touch screen or your choice, and this will be a licensed copy of XPe. Dont let XPe scare you it will let you change your hardware as long as you have the driver disks for it. It will also let you install any software that you want.

Comment

Originally posted by yunusyu
                              :gruvethang....the pop ups could be because of ur computer..try spybot software...it works fine on all other computers i tried sorry
                              I had the same thing happen to me except I didnt allow it to install the Active-x control I tried it on a work system as well as my home system. If i click on the first system on the right hand column it loads fine but the second and third system is what presents the page with the active-x control

Comment

Working...
                              X