Windows XP Hibernating Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Hibernating Problems

HI well this is funny . wonder if any of u had this problem while hybernating XP

Well I have HIbernation active on my comp..and IT DOES hibernate properly.. but the problem starts when it has to come out of HIBERNATION...Give this error

"" The system could not be restarted from its previous location due to read failure """

and then it give an option

"" DELETE restoration data and proceed to system boot menu ""

When i hit this option the computer starts normaly and is not the restoration oh hibernation.....

CAN some one help PLS.. cos hibernating will reduce a considerable booting time

thanx
    vicky
    Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
    2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
    120 Gb Laptop HD
    7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
    Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
    Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
    ----------
    Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

I've experienced this problem when my WiFi and BT USB dongles are plugged in at boot time...

John
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

I had to switch to an older power supply from morex and ever since i get these same errors.
      Epia M1000 1.2gig, Toshiba 40gb HD, Itronix 60gb HD, 512ram,PCR, Audigy2zs, 2 Xenarc 7" , FRODOPLAYER Trying RR frontend , [email protected]/w Harrison labs amps & Caps, Focal & MB-Quart midrange, Diamond Audio D6 Subs, Mb Quart Tweets, 2-Audiocontrol three.1 !

Comment

I have had this problem two or three times over the last year. Seems to come up when the computer isn't shut down correctly for me. Ater I rebooted and shut back down worked fine, just the hibernation file was damaged. After running scandisk (marking bad sectors and fixing errors) and defrag have had no more problems.

Batman
        [email protected]
        www.samshomepage.net

Comment

Thanx friends but in my case there is no change of PS or any BT. Its just plain P4 comp and 512 mb ram . and i have checked the HD also no sign of BAD sector or error. SHut down is perfect and so is HIBERNATIOn its only that the restoring from HIBERNATION is MESSING things...
          any more suggestions ....PLS
          thanx cheers
          2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
          120 Gb Laptop HD
          Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
          ----------

Comment

what type of powersupply and shutdown controller are you using? I have a Morex case w/built in 60w PS and a Carnetix P1260 and I was experiencing the same thing. I found that the Carnetix was shutting off power to the pc just a tad prior to hibernation finishing completely. I had to change the setting on the Carnetix to 90 seconds and now it works great.

Comment

I have had this problem... i get this when my usb flash drive is plugged in when i go into hibernation. Try unplugging usb devices.

Does it happen everytime?
              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Well I am using a P4 2.4 and 512 MB ram
                ANd no USB are connected. Its all just RAW. no add on devices as of now.
                and since i am redoing the lilliput indash thing the comp is back in my work shop working on normal 300W power supply on mains. and so theres no shutdown conttroller as of now but am planning to get
                1.....PW200M Cableless EPIA-M power supply. ( X 2 ) so that i can use in parallel for extra wattage from http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/ca...it.A/id.300/.f
                2.....Dashwerks Startup and Shutdown Controller (DSSC™) from http://www.dashwerks.com/dw_dssc.php
                2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                120 Gb Laptop HD
                Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                ----------

Comment

read failure

i'm getting the same problem... whenever i hibernate my XP laptop, it comes up with the system read failure error, either that or the blue screen of death... this started happening as soon as i downloaded the latest Windows Update -- Windows Installer 3.1... when i removed the update (from add/remove programs) hibernating worked fine, but it keeps automatically downloading the stupid thing, and it's obviously supposed to be important... so i could just keep removing it (i tried stopping it downloading all the time by hiding it in the updates, but that didn't work), or just let it be, but i really need hibernate!!!

Comment

why dont you just disable automatic updates after you uninstalled it ??
                    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Same problem

I have seen the same problem. We currently don't know of a fix.
                      Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                      http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by strohj
                        why dont you just disable automatic updates after you uninstalled it ??
                        i want the damn thing fixed, not just temporarily shunted to the side, plus that's what i've done, but it's gettin to be even more effort to update...

Comment

If it happens every time, it could be bad RAM or the RAM is overclocked in the BIOS. The read failure message is either caused by an HD error or a bad compare between memory and disk.

Comment

now the silly thing does it always, even when that windows installer is uninstalled... thinkin of gettin it looked at professionally to check the hardware, just gotta back up all my files... might have to wait till exams are finished though...

Comment

I have been having that problem lately as well, though intermittantly, and I havent had the time to try to troubleshoot it.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X