wma codec question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wma codec question

I recently DLed a file, and WMA gave me an error and said it couldn't play it because
    a. file type not supported
    or
    b. unsupported codec
    it's not a, it's an mp3, and winamp opens it just fine.

My question is..
    is there any way to make this file supported by WMA ? I mean, can I update codecs or something ?
    Thanx

ps - I've already re-DLed the file and got it to work, I just wanted to know this for future reference
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

bump
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

last try

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

try this i suppose http://www.computeractive.co.uk/downloads/1157193 there are a few others but this was the first one that popped up. let us know whats up with that mp3
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

WMA do you mean Windows Media Audio engine, or are you talking about Windows Media Player? Did you try renaming the file to .mp3? (is it already?) or maybe try getting track info from winamp to see why it is different...

Try downloading an audio codec pack? dunno what to say.... try to give more info along with the bumps, that will increase ur chance of a reply!
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

"wma" - yah I'm talking about windows media player
            it's already .mp3
            I'll check out the codec pack ?

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

sure, try the finder first and see if it works.
              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
              Buy Sell or Trade
              If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
              Thank you
              Forex
              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Yes, there is a "codec finder" avialbe on free-codecs.com

You can also try to look for more info on the mp3... Isnt there a properties or info on the track in winamp? Try that, maybe it is encoded in some special codec or whatever...

good luck... if that doesnt work, try an mp3-2-wav converter, and convert to wav, then try it in wmp, then convert back to mp3? try to get it from a cd and rip it, or download it from another source... Other than that unless it is happening to multiple songs there isnt much i can guess...
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

this is the reason why i keep comming back using WinAmp, Windowz Media Player could not even play its own format. M$ sucks.

[....99.9%]
                  [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                  [....99.8%]
                  [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                  [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

what does this add to the thread?

WMP's own format is WMA,not mp3... read the thread and now your facts before you go bashing stuff....
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Working...
                    X