Touchscreen Yellow Pages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen Yellow Pages

I'm looking for some sort of a Touch-screen friendly address book (yellow-pages) software to use to find addresses, that can be then be copy pasted into i-guidance(gps software).

Anybody using/know of anything good?
    or has anyone found a viable alternative?
    mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
    Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

i love the idea, it would also be good to dial phone numbers

Comment

i would like one of those as well.

Comment

I looked, looked and looked some more for this. They don't make them anymore. I ended up buying StreetAtlas 2005, it lists many (forget how many) business phone numbers and addresses. Very nice. But SA navigation sucks, I now use iGuidance. I get listings/addresses through SA and then enter the address in iGuidance.

Don't know if you heard about this; You can text message (example) Pizza ***** (*=your zip) to 46645 (googl). You will then get a return text message listing pizza places, phone and address in that zip code. Pretty cool, but new. (I think)
        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
        "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

...would anyone be interested in developing something of the sort?

I can't believe it's not more of feature for gps software...some sort of a updating system of addresses and phone numbers would be incredibly nice
          mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37

Comment

i think this has been talked about before a few times, and there were some other options out there,, just dont rem.
            throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

Maybe take suggestions to the destinator frontend forum... maybe if someone writes in delhpi (i think this is what the D3 front is in) you can write some code and give it to NM to incorporate into the frontend... just a suggestion....dont know what type of DB you would use though...
              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
              Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by PaCMaYNE
                i think this has been talked about before a few times, and there were some other options out there,, just dont rem.
                I remember seeing something like this before, too.
                I'll look for that.

Comment

http://www.cd-rom-directories.us/

$$$
                  [H]4 Life
                  My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                  It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

I would be willing to work on something touchscreen friendly if someone can find me a database to use.

Comment

wow... $100

how can something so available and open to the public not be available in a downloadadble database form

Comment

Originally posted by SWC
                        I would be willing to work on something touchscreen friendly if someone can find me a database to use.
                        I was talking about about the Lexus Nav software, (here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36389)
                        At the time I wanted the maps. Now that I found iGuidance I'm fine without the maps. But this Gen4 software has 11 million POI's!. I have a couple copies, they are on DVD. I was hoping someone could use this database for what we want.
                        The POI's seem to be ".IDX" files. I can send a DVD to whoever thinks is best at doing this?
                        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Originally posted by muldrick
                          I was talking about about the Lexus Nav software, (here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36389)
                          At the time I wanted the maps. Now that I found iGuidance I'm fine without the maps. But this Gen4 software has 11 million POI's!. I have a couple copies, they are on DVD. I was hoping someone could use this database for what we want.
                          The POI's seem to be ".IDX" files. I can send a DVD to whoever thinks is best at doing this?
                          Paste a sample of an IDX file.
                          [H]4 Life
                          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                          I'm a lesbian too.
                          I am for hire!

Comment

uh oh, you just gave Frodo a way to show off his skill at being a badass at everything.
                            Mercedes Benz CLK 430

Comment

Frodo, look at some of the screen pics here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...9&page=2&pp=15
                              post# 20 show some of the IDX files, but there are hundreds.
                              Then maybe tell me which one you may want to see, but here is part of one:
                              WEISMAN ART MUSEUM/  s r0  WEISS EASTGATE CITY PARK MANDELL MANDELL WEISS EASTGATE CITY PARK /Gf s b0  
                              WEISS PARKA  s
                              "jk0  WEISS PARK KEITHKEITH WEISS PARK #. s G0 WEISS PLAYLOT CARL WCARL W WEISS PLAYLOT #.
                              v  s 
                              *0 %) WEISSGLASS MEMORIAL PARK JULIUSJULIUS WEISSGLASS MEMORIAL PARK .)
                              1 s q(0  WEISSHAAR PARK FREDERICK WFREDERICK W WEISSHAAR PARK )
                               n o0 Y WEKIVA FALLS PARK 
                               c o0 ~ WEKIVA FALLS RESORT  QZ s ̕0  WEKIWA SPRINGS STATE PARK @8 s 2o0   WELBORN PARK
                              O瀿 D[% 0 h WELBY'S CAR CARE CENTER  XԀ. s
                              WELCH PARK  k ' XԀ gS0 9q 
                              WELCH PARK&WELCH PARK\2300 HURAN DR, SAN JOSE, CA '3
                              $ ;i0 h 
                              WELCH PARK?WELCH PARK\WELCH ST, NORTH VANCOUVER DISTRICT, BRITISH COLUMBIA3 N
                              WELCH PARKH  k  /  s j
                              0 &VS WELCH PARK JOHN PJOHN P WELCH PARK  @  s 0 z W

BTW, it takes forever to open in notepad
                              AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X