id3 tagging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id3 tagging

Ok, so I have finallylet it get to me. I need to update all of my ID3 tags. What software (if there is any) will let me do that in the quickest, most efficient way? Keep in mind that I have 18,500+ mp3s...

Short of using iTunes and editing each tag individually, is there any way to do this?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

If your Mp3's are organized nicely then "Tag and Rename" should be good for you I've used it on most of my 7500 songs and everything is nice and orderly now

Comment

but tag and rename only does the actual file name doesn't it? not the ID3 tags?
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

tag and rename
        it does tags and is the best out there at it i think

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

ok then, thanks!
          Jan Bennett

Comment

another vote for tag and rename.. can auto do tags, filenames, albumn art.. its awesome! gets albumn info from freedb.org and amazon.com too.

Comment

What is the link? I type Tag and rename in and there are 8 billion links
              2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
              2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
              Sound Stage
              Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

the app is actually called Tag&Rename

here is the link to it:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...agRename.shtml
                Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

or.....www.download.com

=]

I have used it in the past, but it never had the functions that it has now. before it didn't get info from amazon or the other place....but that was a long time ago...

gotta give it my vote!
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Man don't remind me...
                    I have like 30GB of music that goes way back many years.
                    I have to go through and organize them all by artist / album etc ...
                    then I'll use Tag&Rename ( have it and used as a test - works great ).
                    It's going to take many hours to do .. not looking forward to it, but in the end I'll be happy.... Since I have my collection on multiple systems, I'll burn to DVD then make all systems the same.

I like the ability to automatically get the album art.....

Then it's on to the Video collection 1000's of Divx and movies and TV shows etc ....

Comment

Working...
                    X