System Information Plug-in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Information Plug-in

A little app I've written as I needed to know some details without switching into Windows each time,

Currently gives:

Current IP Address
    PC Name
    OS
    Screen Resolution
    Drive Information
    Memory Details

If you think anything else could be added let me know, working on peripheral information next, such as whether a GPS, IRMAN, LAN etc is connected.

Screenshot done in Mediacar

Nice Job. Hard Drive summary info would be useful. Especially for those who sync their mp3s whenever they park back at home. Is it just for MediaCar or are you gonna do a FP version as well?
    Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Comment

I'm going to try to make it available for all the players as a standalone app with skinning ability. Will enhance the Hard Drive info, hoping to make this into a full status information app which gives the status on all aspects of the CarPC.

Comment

looks awesome! I was thinking about doing something similar myself. The only other thing I might add would be fan speed and system temp (and then maybe an alarm if temp > XX degrees).

I'm always looking for programming projects, so let me know if you need help with anything.

Comment

If you're gonna monitor fan speed, then maybe it's a good idea to stick an alarm function in to alert the driver his fan has stopped before the cpu burns out.
          Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Comment

Will try to implement fan speed and temperature sensor but it may be quite difficult - will keep trying though.

I may have to implement it on a motherboard by motherboard basis, starting with the VIA EPIA boards. I will have a release ready tomorrow but without the temp/fan sensor working. I will also do some documentation and skins details.

Comment

Is anyone interested in the app being further developed and published to the forum?

Comment

Think about temperatures. But its very hard to implement.

Comment

Already sorted CPU and Case Temperatures which update every 10 seconds.

Comment

AFAIK there are huge disfferences in SMbus implementation betwem MB manufacturers.

Comment

Watch this space - doing some testing on different mobos etc but I think I have a solution :-)

Comment

Already sorted CPU and Case Temperatures
                        I have an M10K. The bios shows CPU temp and fan speed. How do you get case temperature? Is it extra hardware?

Comment

Well its not case temperature as such, one is CPU temp and general motherboard temp I think ..... will post a beta soon which will be skinnable

Comment

Glad to see your still at it, keep up the good work.

Comment

hey, a few things:

1) i think most everyone knows what OS their carputer is running
                              2) hard drive space free/total would be really good
                              3) use motherboard monitor 5 to grab the temp/fan info. just let it do the hard work for you and give you the info, cause it will be really hard to get support for all of the motherboards. and it has pretty good support already. or you could use speedfan, but i think mbm5 is easier to interface with
                              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Working...
                              X