Doplar Radar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doplar Radar?

I've seen a few screenshots around here showing people using Doplar Radar. Where are they getting this from and how would I get this?
    2001 Dodge Stratus ES Project

http://www.xmradio.com/weather/learn_about.html

Comment

So is this something you have to pay extra for when you have XM or is it included?

Comment

$100/month

Comment

no thanks!

Comment

damn, that price is a little exagerated... i'd go for 10 OR 15 but 100 is exagerated
            2008 Civic... Sound system... then carputer install...
            WORK IN PROGRESS

If you look at my avatar closely, you can see a chick with two big knockers....

Comment

expecally when your already outside and you can just open your eyes to see the weather.

Comment

XM weather is not a consumer product. It's meant to be used on ships, planes, and other places that need realtime, complex, and accurate weather data. If you just want to know simple things like if its going to be sunny or rainy out you can read text forms of this data from the regular XM traffic / weather channel names.

You can also access 24 hour weather forcasts at a number of places online. i.e. http://image.weather.com/web/maps/ra...day_600_en.jpg For in the car, just sync up once a day via wifi.
                StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunmaster
                  $100/month
                  Couldn't you just get the Aviation Aviator LT package for $29.99/month, +$75 setup? That includes High Resolution NEXRAD, TFRs, City Forecasts, County Warnings, Precipitation Type, METARs, and TAFs.

Also, they have a Marine Fisherman package for the same monthly price, with a $50 setup.

Neither of these include all the features of Ground Responder package , but they are 1/3 the cost!

Of course, you also have to buy some hardware to go with it... MOBILE THREAT NET

Anyone have any of these services?

- Z
                  It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                  What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

No

You can get doppler weather radar images for free...

www.weather.com, I'm writing weather image grabbing software that will grab daily weather services/images...

I had a database of all 81 weather maps in this forum somewhere..
                    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                    Via EPIA MII
                    512MB RAM
                    OEM GPS (embedded)
                    nLite WinXP pro on
                    1GB Extreme III CF card
                    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

http://mobile.wunderground.com/ has easy to parse pages. Well, I guess there are a bunch of sites for PDAs and such.

Comment

Thanks ****ers, something else to add to the "must have" list.
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

so your say'n we will have a weather module in 1.10, eh?

cool...

It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                          What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Zack
                            so your say'n we will have a weather module in 1.10, eh?

cool...

Sure, send check or money order to..
                            [H]4 Life
                            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Zack
                              Couldn't you just get the Aviation Aviator LT package for $29.99/month, +$75 setup? That includes High Resolution NEXRAD, TFRs, City Forecasts, County Warnings, Precipitation Type, METARs, and TAFs.

Also, they have a Marine Fisherman package for the same monthly price, with a $50 setup.

Neither of these include all the features of Ground Responder package , but they are 1/3 the cost!

Of course, you also have to buy some hardware to go with it... MOBILE THREAT NET

Anyone have any of these services?

- Z

You could buy one of those lower packages. But $30 bucks is still kinda high.
                              The maps are alot better then the free cheesy ones you can pull off the internet for free. I rather spend the money on mobile internet more possibities.

I found some weather software on ebay. But I looked again last night and its not on anymore. I think it was $20 bucks and all you needed was a internet connection. Cool program and really nice maps. I will have to go further and start looking for it again!

Comment

Working...
                              X