iTunes SDK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes SDK

Has anyone (OK, of the one or two people here who use Macs) seen the SDK for iTunes? It was supposed to be on Apple's developer site, but I haven't seen it. I'd like to see how far I can push it - particularly if the plugin API will let me write a new interface specifically for the car. Other than that, it's a great player.

------------------

Who wills an end must also will a means to that end. - George Will

Sorry, I cannot help find the SDK, but I'd like to say I'm very interested in your idea, since my system is Macintosh based. I considered using iTunes, but the current lack of an EQ or skin support has kept me using SoundJam. If you continue your project with iTunes, I'd love to see it.. Please visit my site and send me a email! http://24.7.157.64/home.html

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Destin:
      Sorry, I cannot help find the SDK, but I'd like to say I'm very interested in your idea, since my system is Macintosh based. I considered using iTunes, but the current lack of an EQ or skin support has kept me using SoundJam. If you continue your project with iTunes, I'd love to see it.. Please visit my site and send me a email! http://24.7.157.64/home.html</font>
      It was actually your site that kind of started me thinking about this again. When I was first looking at doing an MP3 player (and hopefully GPS) for mobile use, there wasn't much that I could use to do this easily, unless I wanted to run Linux. Basically, I wasn't able to find the software I wanted, and I don't have the time to write more than plugins or interfaces. iTunes lacks only two things for me: an interface suitable for mobile use on a 6.4" LCD, and voting. I figure that I could do both with a documented plugin API. (The EQ doesn't bother me, because I burn all of my own music, and know that I'm getting good reproduction. If I end up needing one because I can't get good sound from the speakers in the van, I'll get a physical EQ, rather than use software.

Thanks

-jeff

------------------

Comment

I downloaded the iTunes SDK and was really unimpressed. I wanted to have full control of all the thing si could do with mouse clicks, this is not the case.

My biggest gripe of all is pretty much my only gripe, which is the searching is almost impossible. You literally have to "scroll" through each audio file until you find the one you want. Also, it takes forever to load if oyu have a large library.

If someone has found something that proves me wrong I will be the happiest person ever and probably will be soon releasing my own software for it.

Comment

So nothing has changed in the seven years that this thread lie dormant and unmolested.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I always thought you had to get next of kin permission beforehand...
            It's been a while...

Comment

Working...
            X