a database of id3 info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a database of id3 info

i was wondering if a database of id3 info was available? i have hundreds of songs that i downloaded that have no id3 info and was wondering if there was a cddb-like database for them. if not it would be a good idea. i have roughly thirty gigs worth of mp3's id be willling to donate the tag info to a database. just a wish i guess...
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

lol....don't u just hate this. I make sure all my mp3's have TAG....well u have no choice but to go through each one and add the tag. I know it suck but u have no choice

------------------
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI and CobraII.
    For more information on the COBRA Application's please visit the link. For the latest or updated info on CobraII please click on the link. Get new updated files for CobraII here. ftp://picturesictures@128.8.187.126/d:/newdlls
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is Cenwesi
    Webpage comming soon!
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Not true... Find a program called mp3tagger. You can select songs, and based on the title and artist (from the filename) it will go to cddb, and fill out all of the id3 tags, id31 and id32, with title, artist, album, year, track #, etc. If the cddb doesn't work, it will use the filename information to fill in the id3 tags.
      www.arbybean.com

Comment

Only if his filename has those info which i seriously doubt.

------------------
        abcd-1
        For more information on the COBRA Application's please visit the link. For the latest or updated info on CobraII please click on the link. Get new updated files for CobraII here. ftp://picturesictures@128.8.187.126/d:/newdlls
        Webpage comming soon!
        abcd-1

Comment

i found 2 programs that are called mp3tagger and neither contact cddb. most of the songs i need this proggy for do have artist and song name in the filename so these would be very usefull if i could get it to work. arby where did you get the mp3tagger you have? and how do you get it to hook into cddb?

Comment

Yeah, I looked but couldn't find it. I need all that information on my MP3s as my MP3 Player is now driven by an Access database that keeps track of all that stuff.

------------------
            Aaron Cake
            London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
            Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
            Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
            Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
            "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Ok, sorry about that, folks. Apparently there are quite a few programs called "mp3tagger". Took me a while to refind it myself. Go get this one, and use the "Guess Tags from CDDB" function. Works great!

http://home.sol.no/~kjaer/mptagger/d...PTagger160.exe
              www.arbybean.com

Comment

i got the program and installed it, but it doesnt work. if i try to do more than one mp3 then it locks up, and if i do just one mp3 then it gives me totally wrong info (eg. i looked up metallica-turn the page and got info for a boyz 2 men song help!

Comment

Well, if you read the documentation you'd fine why this program's "CDDB support" is pretty useless. The only way it works is if you have an entire album's worth of MP3's. It calculates the album it is by adding up all the minutes of the mp3's and comparing this to the CDDB database... Pretty useless IMO...

Comment

Heh... didn't know that. I have about 80% full albums, so I never noticed that before. If you have the whole album it works great.

The guess tag from filenames works, though.

------------------
                    http://mp3box.2y.net
                    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Ok here's one for you guys?!

I have made a few playlists in the past (on my home machine's drive e:/

however when I move these playlists to the car, they have the wrong drive letter in the playlist, so is there any easy way to convert the drive letter at the start to another like c:/ without doing each song in the playlist (with notepad) manually? The directory structure is the same, it's just the drive letter.....any quick fix ideas?

Thanks
                      BjBlaster! Car MP3 & Carputer!
                      bjblaster.com

"The solution to one problem is only the beginning of another"

Comment

If you can get the list into MS Word you could use the find and replace feature.

find "c:\" replace "d:\"
                        Gizmo-
                        Techonlogy on Wheels
                        http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

You could partition the drive in your car MP3 box to include a D and E drive. You could make the D drive very small, or use it for the swap file. Then you would have an E drive on both machines that would look exactly the same.

Another alternative is that if you have Win2k, you can partition the drive into 2 partitions, one for the OS and one for the music, and use the Disk Admin tool to change "D:" to "E:". Then you will have C: and E:, skipping D:.
                          Jason Johnson
                          Yorba Linda, California
                          http://www.m2pc.com

MPC Phase IV - *** PENDING ***

Comment

Thanks guys

The Word trick did it for me

You don't know how much easier that is than editing it with notepad......

BjBlaster! Car MP3 & Carputer!
                            bjblaster.com

"The solution to one problem is only the beginning of another"

Comment

hehehe....trash everything and start all over. anytime i d/l mp3 i always check for the tag so this way i don't have to worry about them in the long run.

------------------
                              abcd-1
                              Webpage comming soon!
                              abcd-1

Comment

Working...
                              X