Will it format if I install win98?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it format if I install win98?

I previously made a DOS (actually a Win95 Dos boot) mp3 machine that ran DAMP and qbasic....

but now I changed my mind (AGAIN) and I decided to go win98 for the usb 4-ch sound system. If I install onto teh harddrive, will the win98 install CD re-format my HDD and erase all my mp3s?

thanks,
    -Francis
    Free entrance to heaven? WOW! I DUN BELIEVE! JC!

Nope it will just install, to where you like it to go.

Comment

If you boot from the CD and run the OEM setup, it will. If you use the install disk that comes with it, yes, it will. So, use a regular boot disk with CD-ROM drivers and then run "setup.exe" from the root of the CD. You may have a problem installing the OEM on anything but a blank HD.

------------------
      Aaron Cake
      London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
      Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
      X