No announcement yet.

what front end do you use?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what front end do you use?

hi guys, i'm about to get my carputer started and i need help deciding on which front end to use... all your inputs would be appreciated..

these are the features that i'll be needing :
    dvd movie playback
    mp3 playback
    divx playback
    launch button for extra apps
    and of course, shutdown.....

which front end do you use? how about skinning? how easy is it to create a custom skin for your front end? help me decide... thanks
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

centrafuse its pure class
    Program aborting close all that you have worked on,You ask to much. You step into the stream,but the water has moved on, This page is not here. Chaos reigns within, Reflect,repent,and reboot.Order shall return
    The car

Frodo, centrafuse.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Again... *sigh* I'm biting my tongue.
        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Centrafuse, all the way...
          Lilliput 7" TS / VIA EPIA M10000 / 256 MB DDR RAM / 40 GB 2,5" Toshiba HDD / TEAC DVD Slimline / GlobalSat GPS USB

as for skinning, NMC has a very nice skin-editor which makes it easy to create your own skins without writing xml...

If you search a bit, you will find a lot of threads like this one, which would give you already an impression of what's out there and why people are using it. Maybe use the credit you have with these nice people here for the questions you might have later.

Although the question should be posed once in a while, just because the release of software changes the landscape so much (2 months ago, noone would have answered centrafuse for ex)...
            List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

How do you plan to interface with your computer? If via touchscreen, then I would reccomend Cetrafuse. If you plan to use remote or even keyboard, think about for exaple MediaPortal ( ). Which is more robust and has far better remote/keyboard support. It also enables you to use TV and FM.

Originally posted by emdzey01
                  which front end do you use? how about skinning? how easy is it to create a custom skin for your front end? help me decide... thanks
                  I like FrodoPlayer, personally.
                  But you can download ALL of the front-ends and test them for yourself to determine what you like best, then make your OWN damn decision.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, NOOB!
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                    DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, NOOB!
                    wow that seems a bit harsh.

I do agree with the above post on the fact that you really need to download all of them and give each a try.

Each frontend handles things such as how music is selected to how graphics are displayed differently.Only till you try them all can you make a decision based on YOUR personal needs.

bit harsh indeed.. everyone has there own likes/dislikes.. and I also think it depends just when peeps joined the scene which frontend they prefer. Theres more and more coming out by the month now it seems. I really cant keep up myself.. lol

Follow me on Twitter

i use centrafuse and i think i will be using it for a long time.

- Stefan
                        i never drink water cos fish ***** in it. (w.c. fields)

hi my name is Motoko i am 44 and i use Neocar and Centrafuse
                          CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

I use my own.
                            - Lwin M. Maung
                            If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

I'm writing my own as I go along here, but if I had to cetrafuse
                              Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                              Via EPIA MII
                              512MB RAM
                              OEM GPS (embedded)
                              nLite WinXP pro on
                              1GB Extreme III CF card
                              Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                              Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net