VB Source for HD44780 and parallel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB Source for HD44780 and parallel

Does anyone have any example source code using VB to interface with a HD44780 LCD wired directly to parallel port?

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Nissan Titan LE Truckputer
    [I]No installation thread yet[/I

2002 BMW 330Ci Steel Grey Metallic *Sold!*
    Installation Thread

Right here:
    http://lcdriver.pointofnoreturn.org/

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

Is there anything there to interface with the parallel port? I've only been able to find serial interfaces there.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      2006 Nissan Titan LE Truckputer
      [I]No installation thread yet[/I

2002 BMW 330Ci Steel Grey Metallic *Sold!*
      Installation Thread

Comment

looks like there is support for parallel port based lcd's

BoB

------------------
        Check out My New Site

My MPrixThree car page

Comment

http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/vblpt.htm

------------------
          Aaron Cake
          London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
          Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Yes,

Will be posted soon on my web site, once I have some time. You can send me a email and I sould be able to send you a sample.

you need the file inpout32.dll (do a web search and you will find some info on this)

I have written a MP3car App (Winamp as backend) all done in VB. which displays everyhing on the display. eg scolls through the playlist and then you select the one you want. plus all the standard stuff.

Has anyone had any luck with the getting FFT (spectrum display) information ?, I am using a winamp plugin to display this on the bottom 2 lines, but would like it in my VB code. Can anyone help..

Comment

Working...
            X