What FIle Swaping software you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What FIle Swaping software you use?

What file swaping software do you guys use now that napster isn't the choice one, I have been having a hard time, I have been using Bearshare for about 2 weeks, but it still not what I'm looking for, I guess I just want another napster but I dont' think that is going to happen, what do you guys ues?
    --BLK
    Wide awake
    and keeping distance from my soul - Tool

AudioGalaxy ]
    >\\MP3G60//<

Comment

audiogalaxy all the way, also try FTP's.
      "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

Yeah I am really likeing audiogalaxy, I hadn't tried it before because I didn't really understand how it worked, but I do know and I like it, thanks guys
        --BLK
        Wide awake

Comment

WinMX Rocks!
          http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
          Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Morpheus--It also does music videos and the download speeds are really fast. I average 150 kbps with a plain old cable modem.
            Got started with computers on this board early in high school...now I run a web development company and am about to build my dream machine.

Comment

Bearshare (gnutella), and Hotline www.hotlinehq.com. Any file you could ever want is on hotline.

-Kev

Comment

due, morpheus kicks ***! has divx and mp3's!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok where are the links....i have ruled napster off my list for now.
                  link to Morpheus please!
                  abcd-1
                  Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                  You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I think the link for Morpheus is, <a href="http://www.musiccity.com" target="_blank">MusicCity.com</a>.
                    --BLK
                    Wide awake

Comment

i use imesh, but the software is often buggy and its not as fast as others. With 5 mill. users, it not bad.
                      2004 F-150
                      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Link to other p2p file swap sites.
                        http://www.coolboard.com/boardshow.c...20424510981038

Comment

Hey, cheers guys for bringing Morpheus to my attention, looks great.....

Since the demise of Napster i have been using Bearshare quite alot, other wise just surfing dance music web sites etc for my mp3's. Bearshare is great, of course cable modem or faster connection is a must - a 56K modem just grinds. Once you get smart with your searches you can find pretty much anything. I think also now Napster is loosing its numbers more people are getting into the Gnutella network, which is what it needed to get going. If we went back pre-Napster ruling days Bearshare and others were pretty weak file sharing options, due to lack of numbers.

It will be interesting to see who, if any become the next Napster. Of course it will be the users like myself who will decide this - by using their software of choice.

Its nice to see though that new software(s) are learning from past mistakes by going for the (near)indestructable P2P methods of sharing.
                          Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

One more thing..... I havent tried it so I may be way off.... but AudioGalaxy looks to be in the same vain as Napster? Central database of members (i.e. you need to register before entering the network), etc. So would it be fair to say that AudioGalaxy in the near future may share a similar fate to Napster?

Or have I missed the point?
                            Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

i just found a new one called Kazaa. right now it has about 60,000 gigs constantly on it. the web site is www.kazaa.com
                              2004 F-150
                              Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                              "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Working...
                              X