Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip en entire CD to a single file

Hi,
    I am looking for a ripping program that will rip an entire multi-track audio CD to a single WAV file in one continuous recording session (hopefully single button or automatic recording). Anybody know of a good program that can do this?

Thanks

Audiocatalyst can do that.

you can adjust the time of the first track to start at the beginning of the cd and stop at the end.
    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

may i be so rude as to ask why you want that? thats one hell of a wave file!
        http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
        Australian mp3car Portal
        mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
        mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
        -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

Exact Audio Copy does it too. There are a number of reasons for doing that, one would be a continuous mix DJ set. It's seperated into tracks, but if you're doing the shuffle playlist thing, then you're liable to jump in to the middle of the set. and that's not cool. besides, skips in between tracks on stuff like that break the continuity, and it's just not cool.

EAC > * (IMHO)
          I cheat, I own an empeg.
          Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
          http://civic.mp3car.com

Comment

Hornet,
            With lots of discs there can be a natural progression from one song into the next, having the song end at an abrupt moment can be annoying. I plan on having two sets of recordings, one set of the standard individual track recordings (for shuffle and such)and one set of entire discs/albums for seamless playback (it doubles the drivespace required, but oh well!)

Nester,
            Downloaded EAC and am using it now. Excellent FREE program .

Comment

Originally posted by hornet:
              may i be so rude as to ask why you want that? thats one hell of a wave file!
              Hornet,
              I would also be converting the wave to MP3 and just tossing the wave. By the way, you have a fellow Aussie in your "neck of the woods", I lost track of his website and email address. On his website he has instructions on how to modify a computer power supply so there would be no whine when using an inverter. Do you know who I'm talking about? (I'm sorry, I know Australia's a BIG place!)

Comment

http://home.primus.com.au/bravo/

I think that this is what you are talking about

also,

there are winamp plugins for tracks that run together

Comment

ahhh i see the light now thanks for informing me.

The person that ur looking for is BJ, and that is his site posted above smart guy he is

yeh australia is a BIG place, but there aint to many mp3car'ers here
                  http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
                  Australian mp3car Portal
                  mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
                  mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
                  -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

That's the man. Thanks Gent's!

Comment

Hello All

It's good to see you guys remembered me

I'm updating my site again, to include the major carputer install, and motorized DIN display.....

I'll post you when I'm finished updating..

What a hobby.....
                      BjBlaster! Car MP3 & Carputer!
                      bjblaster.com

"The solution to one problem is only the beginning of another"

Comment

Hey Bj, what GPS app are u using. Looks like and CLEAR. I think i might want to hack that app, is it NMEA compliant?
                        abcd-1
                        Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                        You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Funny you mention that. I'm using the UDB perth street directory CD, and I have been emailing the company about the use of a GPS with it. According to the bloke, you can, but you have to buy this "Special" GPS to do it.... I've yet to even start to play with it (as in hack) to see what can be done, but I would like to, as it has a very clear output and simple search system.
                          bjblaster.com

Comment

are there any maps available for US
                            abcd-1
                            Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                            You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I just mailed them, and they said they are going to do maps for the US and Europe, but They had no idea of the release date of the software. Typical.
                              bjblaster.com

Comment

Working...
                              X