Tvout interesting problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tvout interesting problem

I got a TVout card the other day, and it works VERY well The thing is, I tried it on several car TV's only to find that it won't fill the whole screen. Has anyone had this problem? It leaves a 10mm gap of black screen around the edge of the picture, it does it on my big tv at home too. Is there any way you can scale it to fit? I have tried all sorts of drivers for this card, and one had an overscan button, but this blows it way out and you loose the edges of the desktop, but it does fill the whole tv.

I tried it on a few high end units like the Alpine CVA1000E, and it still has this problem?

The card is an ASUS V7100.

Any ideas?
    BjBlaster! Car MP3 & Carputer!
    bjblaster.com

"The solution to one problem is only the beginning of another"

Look on your driver disk

there might be a utility to set it to full screen. Other than that i cant help you much

BoB

Comment

I have a little VGA->TV adaptor, and it has controls for the horizontal size, etc. I'm assuming your TV-out card does as well, but it may take a little hunting to find them.

Also, what resolution are you using? Try some different ones. And read over any documentation you can find for the card. I'm pretty sure there'd be a control for the horizontal size.

Comment

Oh Well, I'll keep searching....

Thanks
        bjblaster.com

Comment

Look for a program called TVtool, its the app I use for my gforce2 so I can play on my big screen TV.

It allows you to have the normal view (what you currently get), Desktop (so the desktop fits over the screen), and Full Screen (which streches the desktop to much)

Comment

I am having the same problem. I looked at the TV tool mentioned, looks like it would work. I am going to try it out on my All-In-Wonder card.
            BTW here is the link for the TV Tool.
            http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
            Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Well I tried the TV Tool on my All-In-Wonder card and IT DOES NOT WORK. Looks like it only works on nVidia cards. Oh well! There is only about a 1/4 inch space at the top and bottom so it is not much to worry about. But it would be nice to find something that works.
              http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
              Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

ok, well I checked out the TV tool thing, but it really only offers the same things as the Asus drivers. Overscan and underscan. I need a constantly adjustable scan rate, so I can size the whole thing to the screen.

This card is a Asus V7100 which has a GeForce2 MX Nvidia chipset. So the prog works, it just doesn't do the adjustment I need.

Any other ideas?

Thanks so far guys

Bj
                bjblaster.com

Comment

Bj, I have exactly the same problem. I use 3D Prophet (Hercules) OEM Dual Display MX II Nvidia chipset with S-video OUT. I tried both SONY 36” TV and 6.8 in LCD monitor—the result is the same. I tried to change: all resolution settings, color settings, and both drivers latest BETA and OEM with no success. I tried to switch between S-video and Composite video—nothing.
                  I think it has something to do with a nature of video signal.

Go to 3DChipset.comand download the latest drivers. They have some very nice tweak tools for different video cards. You might ask them for help.

Good Luck!
                  Maestro MP3 player: MIS K7T Pro-2A, AMD 1.2GHz, RAM 640MB, 80G HD; Screen: Datalux 10.4 VGA; Head Unit: Kenwood Z727; RF control ON/OFF/RESET

Comment

the worst bit, is that I know it will do it. When mine is in Bios or DOS, it is full perfect screen, it's just when the windows drivers kick in, that the whole thing is too small..... And if I overscan, I loose the startbar, but it is using the whole screen...

This wasn't meant to be easy now was it!

Bj
                    bjblaster.com

Comment

Working...
                    X