Super easy and fast shutdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super easy and fast shutdown

I don't know if you guys know about this or not. But I was on the arcadecontrols.com website a while ago and there was a post on how to shut down the PC w/ one keystroke. Heres the instructions they left:1. right-click on desktop and choose New -> Shutcut.
    2. type C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL.EXE user.exe,exitwindows on Command line and click next.
    3. Name the shutcut whatever you want to call (maybe 'shutdown' ) and then click OK
    4. Right-click on shutcut you just creat it, and choose properies.
    5. click on 'shutcut key' bar(where it says 'none').
    6. click any keyboard key you want to use shortcut. and then click OK

PS. restart command for the shutcut is
    C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL.EXE user.exe,exitwindowsexec

I use it and just have the shortcut key to F12 and BAM!

-Kev

LCD Go there for my LCD that's now in the case!

also, as most people know, you can shut down the computer using the IrMan and set up a button on your remote. But for the keyboard, im sure thats about the best way to do it.
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Or you can hit the little button on your computer case! Even faster! Just kidding. I have both ways set up. and they both work fine. Just make sure that the shorcut key you use wouldn't be used by another app. (ie. F12 is the print key in Internet Explorer.)
      http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
      Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Maveric:
        <STRONG>(ie. F12 is the print key in Internet Explorer.)</STRONG>

nuh uh! I just tried it and it diddnt print

Comment

Working...
        X