Best software for MP3/FM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best software for MP3/FM

Currently my setup is MPXF (dos) with a 4x40 LCD, and a numeric keypad. This setup works, but it is far from ideal. The best thing I suppose is the near instant on. I would like to upgrade to a more advanced system, however I have my doubts as to if there is software out there which has an interface as practical as a normal car cd player/tuner.

I would like a large TFT screen that is 2 din sizes to replace my LCD and receiver. I would like mp3 playing to work like a cd-changer, where i can select a disc(which is defined by a folder, NOT playlists), and FF/RW through tracks like a cd. A nice feature would be if it could display cover art for the album on the background of the screen. I would want an FM tuner integrated into the same software, I don't know of anything that does that. If anyone has experience with a good full screen interface I'd be interested in hearing. The main concern is ease of use, much software I've used can be a real pain because of a few major flaws.

Simple, Run CobraII/III.
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Hey Charles,

Wanna share where we can get CobraIII? I've emailed a couple times to get a copy and/or help test it, but haven't gotten any response. Haven't seen it on the FTP site.
      Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
      Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

Everyone that has sent me an email regarding getting access have BEEN added to my mass email address. I usually respond imediately as soon as i get the email. Also when i add/fix anything, i sometimes send out mass email if it is a major fix, else i just leave it in the update.txt. It is very important that ppl check the update.txt file atleast daily cuz that is the only way u would know whats going on with C3.
        abcd-1

Comment

Okay, well it's been about a week since I emailed you and I haven't gotten any emails yet... should I just wait for a mass email?
          Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
          Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

Are u sure u sent me an email. I have sent out mass email about 2days ago on a new release. So you should have gotten it if u sent me an email. I am about to do one today so send me another email.
            abcd-1

Comment

Working...
            X