RELEASE - MyMedia Frontend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RELEASE - MyMedia Frontend

A few people have asked me what front end I'm using, and if I could make it available. I know there are many frontends available, and this isn't meant to replace any of them. This was created in the mindset that I would be the only one using it, so skinning support is there but limited.

So, I am making it available to those that have asked me for it. If anyone else likes it and want more features added/changed, I'll be glad to do that. The location is below. Just extract to any location, edit the config.ini file with your locations and run it.

Forgive the name. I had no idea what to call this since this really wasn't designed for use by anyone other than myself.

Get it here: MyMedia Website
    MyMedia Website

Neat
    As they say: "if you want something well done, do it yourself!" hehehe
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Agreed.
      MyMedia Website

Comment

Hey Omar
        I notice from your screenshot of the the NAV page that you are in San Diego. I'm in Otay Ranch by Eastlake.

My Install

Comment

Yeah. I actually used to live in Otay Mesa, then I bought a house in east county, near Rancho San Diego. I was looking for a house in East Lake, but the real estate market is fierce! I was outbid on every house I was interested in. So now I own a $500k 3 bedroom house. Still not sure if it was worth it though..
          MyMedia Website

Comment

Man you're not kidding. I paid $329K for my 4Br, 2.5Bth in 2002 and it's getting ready to go on the market for $650K...

Comment

I'm in Carmel Mntn .. soon to move to Poway ...

time for a San Diego GTG ???

Comment

Ha, my front end has a very similar layout. I think we had the same primary goal in mind (i.e. eyes on the road and not the LCD).
                2004 4runner

Comment

What language is it in?
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

It's developed in VB6. VB.NET was just too slow(for lack of a better word) for a low powered machine (celerons and below). I'm using a 1Ghz celeron as my carpc. I earn a living as a .NET developer fwiw.
                    MyMedia Website

Comment

Originally posted by omar
                      It's developed in VB6. VB.NET was just too slow(for lack of a better word) for a low powered machine (celerons and below). I'm using a 1Ghz celeron as my carpc. I earn a living as a .NET developer fwiw.
                      Cool. I haven't had any experience with vb.net.
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                      X