Lorty's plugin shutdown troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorty's plugin shutdown troubles

I have lorty's registered plugin. When I try to shut down, it closes winamp and everything, but doesnt shut down. On his forum someone replied: "How far does it get? (does it actually close winamp, and everything)
    What operating system do you use?
    And most importantly, if you have a network card in there, what protocols are you using? ( some will make windows freeze for like 10 mins on the blank screen just before it shuts down)"
    Well I have windows 98 SE and there is a NIC, what does he mean protocols? I have TCP/IP and file and print sharing, how would this affect the shutdown? This is the last software problem that I have, the rest is functional! Thanks for all the help!!!

-Kev

tried applying the windows 98 shutdown patch?
    John McLear - [email protected]
    http://www.205oc.co.uk
    UK Mp3car slapnut
    #mp3car - Efnet
    Carplayer and Mediaengine *****
    spank gemma.co.uk for holding my motherboard for so long. still no board, wood work nearly done :|
    [-----------(90%)----] Completed :)
    pics at: http://www.zcentric.com/~mitcht/gall...me=Convertable

Comment

There's a patch? Never knew about it. I just found it on Microsoft's site and will install it later, thank you!

Comment

OK, now my car is 100% complete. I installed the patch and it didn't do much of anything. I'm hopin to get some final pics but this isn't the forum to discuss this. I went to the awesome site rjl software and got the download program. There was also a program that executes another program if nothing is touched for a set amount of time. VERY HELPFUL! It's like a software shutdown timer. If you have an ATX power supply this is a lifesaver! If I get it workin I'll let ya know, but I still want to be able to shut down from winamp.

Comment

for the love of GOD, you dont need to shutdown or what not. Simply turn off scandisk, and turn power off. I dont want to get into this but please look at msconfig.exe
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I know that topic has been beat a lot, but wont that mess up my hard drive?! And I believe on another post, Charles, you had ME with different options in msconfig, im runnin 98 se. But if it will work and not mess anything up, I'll do it!

Comment

lol..i had win9x running with previous setups, not once has it messed up WILL it ever mess up. If you think about whats going on, it wont. Take my words, i have being doing it for over 2yrs now and never has it messed up.
              abcd-1

Comment

Good point, but if there's a problem, guess who im comin to!!!!! Thanks for the help. Plus there's probably a reason they put that there, because it can do none or minimal damage.

Comment

trust me, it is not going to damage it. Also make sure u mount your HD properly. Go look at my pics to get some ideas
                  abcd-1

Comment

I mounted it vertically with 4 screws, I'm hoping to get some foam underneath the whole case. Plus when I went to your pictures, you said it was a bad idea to wrap the HD in the foam.

Comment

keep looking at the newer box, even those pics u saw of the had on the first box is old. There should be some recent onces there.
                      take a look in C2/3 dir u will see the new and better modified version......
                      abcd-1

Comment

Working...
                      X