Which front end for HTPC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which front end for HTPC?

I have an old IBM T20 that I'm planning to hook up to my TV as a Divx player. Which front end would be best to use on a P3 650? I'd like to be able to control it with my ATI Remote Wonder as I plan to tuck the thing away somewhere when it's all setup. All I really need is the video function and maybe the MP3 function of the front ends. I've tried a few commercial products but they just run so slow on this thing. True I could just buy an MCE extender but why when I have a laptop that can do the same thing if I can just find the right software to use.

You can use winamp with the ATI Remote Wonder.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

Don't let the ati remote wonder affect your decision at all... with girder, you can make the ati remote wonder do whatever you want pretty much.

As to your question... I've never used them, but MythTV and BeyondTV come to mind. Dunno how good/bad each of those two are.

Comment

Originally posted by wizawuza
        As to your question... I've never used them, but MythTV and BeyondTV come to mind. Dunno how good/bad each of those two are.

I've basically tried all the known HTPC software (MCE2005, BeyondMedia, etc) out there and they're all too fancy which makes it run slow... real slow... I have to wait maybe 5 seconds for the menu to finish loading. That's why I'm looking at some of the Carputer front ends as most of them are made to run on slower PC's. Can I possibly skin Mediacar to only show the Video and MP3 buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
          You can use winamp with the ATI Remote Wonder.
          Winamp looks horrible on my TV screen.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDragon
            Can I possibly skin Mediacar to only show the Video and MP3 buttons?
            You should beable to do this. It's been a while since I've played around with skinning in Mediacar, but you should beable to eliminate anything you want. I did a skin for my truck once and took out the radio and app buttons.
            '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Beg someone to skin FrodoPlayer into a media frontend. The fullscreen function would be nice on a large tv.
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Working...
                X