Enhancing the GPS experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancing the GPS experience

I came across a little program that runs on Palm/GPS units in the UK. It keeps a database of traffic cameras and lets you know when one is coming up.

UK Trafcam

I also came across someone maintaining a traffic cam database in Australia

Australia Traffic Cams

Anyone know if a similar program/database exists for the US. While it would be very nice to hardwire a radar dectector into the car computer, it wuld also be nice to have a databse of unmanned cameras, etc. that would let you know when you were approaching one.

Just a thought, if anyone knows whats out there let me know.

lol...i would love to get my hands on one of those apps just to hack it. Seems like every city out here (MD/DC) have camera's poping up every night. So far i haven't gotten my price yet, but i am sure one day it will come in the mail
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

i dont live in the UK, but thats a VERY clever idea!
      2004 F-150
      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

well combines with GPS it can be done, and rather easy. You think of all the GPS programs out there, and the one that tells you where theres gas, and resturant, abd so on, well new ID and VALUE, its called camera, and it is stationary just like the traffic lights, so the first thing to do is look for documentation. Or ask the right person with the right knowledge, and you be in some business.

later
        Subject open, Subject closed.

Comment

Working...
        X