No announcement yet.

Win98lite w/ win95 explorer files and usb?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98lite w/ win95 explorer files and usb?

If I run win98lite with windows 95 shell/explorer files will the USB ports work? (as with win95 they don't).
    95 Honda Civic DX Coupe - In Progress
    mp3civic site

There's an extra support package from microsoft which enables the usb under 95

For availability under 95 you could read

I'm not sure, but there maybe some file on your win95 cd, with somethins like usb2supp.exe

Don't know the exact name, but it starts with usb*.exe

If you would install that, the usb would work under 95 (I know it works, 'cause I enabled a webcam that way, and I'm still running the old trusty win95OSR2)

Hope this helps you out.

Raas - The Netherlands
    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

A word about USB under Win95: it's flaky. Very, very flakey. Most USB devices don't come with Win95 drivers because of this. But using the Win95 explorer with Win98 shouldn't effect USB. The USB stuff is part of VMM32.VXD, which is still Win98.
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."