No announcement yet.

HELP! Win2K cought in a hibernate loop!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Win2K cought in a hibernate loop!

You wont believe this. I was configuring my Win2K UPS under Power Management for a generic custom UPS. I couldnt get the computer to hibernate when the UPS sent the signal so I figured it was set to the wrong polarity. So, I set all the polarities to neg and sure enough it went into hybernate mode with a power good signal. As soon as it started back up, the process started all over again! As soon as the OS finishes loading, again into hibernate. I keeps doing it even when I disconnected the UPS from the com port. HELP!!! What can I do. I just loaded Win2K for the first time on the system a week ago. I love the stability but I dont know much about it. I don't even know how to get to the command line prompt before the GUI starts up.
    Gabriel M. Castillo
    Satellite Systems Analyst

Have you tried disconnecting the UPS?

tried booting to safe mode? try hitting f8 when win2k is loading....otherwise you can try the last know good configuration option. if all else fails try feeding the necessary pin/pins a positive +5v from a power supply connector. i believe you can go into repair mode from the win2k cd and get to a command prompt. you might be able to modify registry keys here. you'd have to find the reg key that enables the UPS service and set it to disabled. i could think of a bunch of different ways to fix it, just try these out and see if any work. good luck.
      Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

lol... i couldn't help but laugh...
        Sorry it was just too funny
        Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
        You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3