local cddb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local cddb?

ok i found a site called freedb that allows you to download the entire cddb database to your computer. i am wondering if it is possible to get my programs (mmjb or audiocatalyst, posbily winamp im not sure) to work with this database? any ideas? thx,
    etrik
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

it can be done....took me about a week to code and now it is one of the features on CobraIII. Works 100% if the cd info is in the local db or in cdplayer.ini
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

how big is the entire cddb database?
      http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
      Australian mp3car Portal
      mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
      mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
      -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

Currently right now if i recall, it is like 300mb or more. Each month it keeps growing. So far all the CD's that i have checked through with C3 has been in the cddb so i guess it works.
        abcd-1

Comment

thanks cenwesi.

Over 300mb at 33.6 = not a chance

oh well..when they upgrade to cable around here..i'll consider it.
          Australian mp3car Portal
          mp3car FAQ - RTFF

Comment

i should have mentioned that the zip file is like 89meg...It is when u unzip it that it explodes to 300megs or more.
            abcd-1

Comment

ok i got the database but how do i make my mmjb look to the folder where i decompressed freedb for the cddb info?

Comment

Originally posted by hornet:
                <STRONG>thanks cenwesi.

Over 300mb at 33.6 = not a chance

oh well..when they upgrade to cable around here..i'll consider it.</STRONG>
                Hey, why doesn't someone here from Australia (with a decent connection) hook up with hornet. Throw this guy a bone and burn him a CD with the CDDB on it...

I'd do it, but from Canada, the postage would be a fortune. (Besides, customs might think I'm trying to export some illegal high-encryption steganography tool or something!!!) LOL

~m
                PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
                Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Or he can find me an FTP site over there and i can dump it for him there.
                  abcd-1

Comment

Sounds pretty cool
                    could you tell my the address of the free db site please- it sounds a cool idea and I want to check it out.

Cheers

Comment

www.freedb.org

Comment

Originally posted by etrik:
                        <STRONG>www.freedb.org</STRONG>
                        Oooooohhhh !!! I *KNEW* it was going to be something compliacted like that

~m
                        PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
                        Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                        BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

haha thanks for the thought Dos4Who?

And you to cenwesi, the problem with dumping it on an ftp server, is i still have to download them @ 33.6. I can live with out it, but thanks for caring, very sweet :P
                          Australian mp3car Portal
                          mp3car FAQ - RTFF

Comment

Working...
                          X