Windows Protection Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Protection Problem

Ok, i just got a brand new Asus P5a-b motherboard for the car. I got a new stick of pc100 64megs ram. I just reformatted the hd and reinstalled Win 95 and the bios looks to be fine. The PCI slots consist of a SB Live Value, Jaton 77-tv&3d vid card and a NIC card. My comp boots up fine through the bios, it shows the win 95 splash screen, and after that i get a black screen that says "While initialzing device IOS: Windows Protection Error. Restart your machine." I keep getting this error. Can ANYONE be of assistance.
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

it sounds like something in the machine is conflicting. start it in safe mode and try removing the sound card from device manager.

jeremy

Comment

yep, that fixed it all right...must be something wrong with the drivers that came from factory. Who knows. Thanks!!! I rated you a with a 5 star(best score) too, hehe
      2004 F-150

Comment

Actually, this also seems to be the problem: http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/k623...update_k6.html

Microsoft® Windows® 95 Update for AMD-K6®-2/350 and Above
        Patch for Windows 95 OEM SR2 and above
        2004 F-150

Comment

I HATE THAT WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR!

I had to reformat my hard drive to get it to go away! Windows had even told me how to fix the problem, but fixing it didn't help! Windows is still the worst virus yet...

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

Working...
          X