Okay, guys, I need some help....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, guys, I need some help....

I'm a bit confused as to what to do next in my carputer. I guess it'll be easiest to tell you what I have and what I want to do.

So, here's what I have:
    P-100, ESS 1688, Seiko L4034 4x40 Display, numeric keypad

Here's what I want to do with it:
    Ability to play MP3s with MULTIPLE playlists (as far as I've seen a large number of the plugins/programs only work with ONE playlist...), and be able to browse through the list of songs on my LCD by using the keypad using EITHER DOS or Win95.

Anybody know what program/plugin would be best for me? I've been thinking the ongest time about MpxPlay, but I'm not sure still....

Please help!

Athlough I have no experience with mpxplay, it sounds like your best option. I believe there are a few frontend tsr's out for it that can do the things you want to do. DOS is definitely the best OS to go with considering your cpu speed, contrary to what some other people...or one other person...might believe...no names I dont know of any of the frontends right off the top of my head, try searching through old posts for something like "mpxplay frontend" or something.

actually...just check out these sites...
    http://www.multimania.com/screamers/mlt/ http://www.radioactivesoft.com/mpxf/index.html

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: pinkysqueaks ]
    Athlon 500, 128 MB, ATI Xpert 4MB AGP TV-Out, Sound Blaster Live! Value, 8.4 GB, 2x20 Backlit LCD, Keypower 250 Watt ATX DC-DC, DSchmitd Startup/Shutdown Controller, IRMan + Backlit IR Remote, Custom Keypad, 5.6" NTSC LCD, In-Dash Slot Loading DVD, all installed in an '87 Honda Accord LX-i

Comment

Win-95/98 should run quickly enough on a P-100 provided you strip it down. As for the multiple playlists, use Markus Zehnder's LCD plugin for Winamp. This plugin does exactly what you're looking for - you can scroll htrough your songs/playlists on the LCD using the keypad. It's a great plugin!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks guys, for all the help!

Comment

Cobra III Dude!

Comment

some small aditions to these excellent suggestions: You can find software to strip down Win98 to run as fast as Win95 at

http://www.98lite.net

And a plugin for doing multiple playlists in Winamp is Albumlist. I use this constantly...it is an excellent piece of software

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
              go for MPXPLAY!!!!!!
              you'll be booting in about 15seconds...
              And with my P100 in windows the graphic EQ laged when playing MP3's and paused when scrolling through my playlist..... Go for dos..

Comment

skinny boy When you are READY for a real setup, windows will be waiting 4 u. I wont even comment about dos or ur setup but u know where i stand
                abcd-1
                Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Thanks, guys. Don't bite each others heads off, though! I'l try all of them and see which one I like, then I'll go with that.

BTW, another question: Has anyon used or have experience with GMenu 1.0? And is it any good?

Comment

If you use DOS/MPXPLAY here is an excellent front end MLTEXT. It isn't that much trouble to upgrade to win98/Cobra III later. You would think hard drives are read only with the way some people feel about the subject(not really trying to stir anyone up but I might as well just this once). I doubt you'll be going DVD/DivX in a hurry on a P100. I'm switching to Win98 soon but only because I now have the RAM/CPU/HDD for it and my Mainboard supports suspend to disk/RAM so I can keep the boot time down.

Comment

DOS!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've changed my mind. You should use windows. But only because SkinnyBoy likes DOS.

Comment

He he...
                          DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS DOS

Comment

/ban Sk[TAB] flooder

Just kidding about DOS. Take a look at this one. It can laod windows when it needs to play DVD so it might be good. I'll need to take a better look.

MCAS

Helps if you post the link

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Technics ]

Comment

Working...
                            X