are you hibernating???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you hibernating???

For those of you who use hibernate mode I gotta question... is there a way to automatically start a program as soon as you come back from hibernation? such as winamp or irassistant?
    If i hibernate while winamp is playing, i don't hear any sound after coming back live, although I can see winamp playing a song. Only after skipping to next song I start hearing music.

Anyone out there have same problems ? how does winamp work after you come back from hibernation?
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

It works fine for me when I come back from hibernation in win2k. Just a skip or two right when it starts playing and then it smooths out.
    95 Honda Civic DX Coupe - In Progress
    mp3civic site

Comment

doesnt hibernating run your battery flat? like if you left it on all night? or do you only use it when you goto shops ect.

if i use dual battery with battery isolator, so not not to run my main battery down, it should be safe right?

Comment

hibernate saves the memory to disk and then completely shuts off the computer

0 batter use

It then loads the memory state from disk on startup, and you're back where you started
        www.arbybean.com

Comment

oh thats cool

so you need to use win me or or 2k to hibernate? ive had bad experiences with both, but if its only for winamp or cobra then it should be ok but i dont like ntfs stuffs your hdd up

Comment

You don't need to use NTFS on either Win ME or Win 2K.
            mp3civic site

Comment

yeah i know i just added that in extra cuas when i tried win2k for 2nd time and didnt like it i had some trouble converting it back to fat32 windows didnt have anything to let me convert it back, so i tried putting in another win98se computer and wouldnt see it ? so i had to load partition magic on and format my first ntfs partition, becuase my second one had all my mp3s and if i used a boot disk that mangers hdd from manufacture it wants to format both partitions, so it was a lengthly process.

by the way is there a program for dos that will go on floppy drive that you can use to format a hdd, as when you goto install a win os and you want to fromat drive when you boot up format c: dont work.

Comment

Can this be done in win98? Is there somewhere where I can read more on hibernating?

Comment

Nope.
                  Just Win2K, ME, and XP.

Unless there's some third party software we don't know about...
                  1983 BMW 733i
                  Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
                  Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

moahdib: Did you ever find out if it is possible to execute a program (or something) when you come back from hibernation?
                    mp3civic site

Comment

nope i haven't. I stopped looking around...after adding a winTV PCI and monster mx400 sound card i dont think i can hybernate anymore =(
                      let me know if you do though...
                      can USB devices hibernate also?
                      04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

You can hibernate under win98 if your MB supports it. If you have a socket 7 board with the mvp4 chipset you can flash it with Aopen BIOS and then use their aozvhdd utility to create a small partition to save the ram. Almost all laptops are capable of this. If I use this to hibernate under DOS(with MPXPLAY) the sound stops until I skip to the next song(or pause and unpause), but I havent had this problem under windows/winamp.

Comment

Also I've been told that hibernation required driver/hardware support. What soundcard are you using?

Comment

moahdib: Yup, I have a USB network card that hibernates fine.

Technics: My computer hibernates fine, the only thing is when I come back from Win ME my lcd plugin doesn't continue... everything else (including sound) fires up no worries.
                            mp3civic site

Comment

Working...
                            X