Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tags for wav files

Hi All,

Is there a way to add ID3tags to wav files?

Thanks, Frank

Well. I'm not sure. But I can guess no. Otherwise someone would have done it by now. I've never seen a CD player that names artist and track name from CDs, and that would be a marketable feature. So once again, I'm ONLY guessing.
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Never heard of cd-text? That is a feature of cd players that will scroll the song title and artist/disc info. Pretty common nowadays. Heres a FAQ http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/cdtext.htm

Comment

i came accorss monkeysaudio.com the other day while looking at a cool setup (see topic fav setup) and it compresses wavs like mp3 does but not as much, just as muhc as winzip does, so you always (unzip) decompress and have them exactly as they were b4 without loss of quality, while in monkeyaudio format i beleive you can id tag them, a cd takes up roughly 370meg in high quality aposed to mp3 cd 95meg 192kbs

Comment

I knew I'd make an *** out of myself, lol!
          My Install Thread
          digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
          How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Don't feel bad about this Carlos...I'm the one who started all of this....lol

Frank

Comment

By the way,
              PaulzY, This is exactly what I was looking for....Thank's...

Comment

I hate to be a pain or what not, but why in the hell would you want to even do this or go this route. If you are planning on doing this, then you might as well stick to regular CD's.
                abcd-1
                Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

so you dont have to carry lots of cds around with you, i dunno i guess some ppl (like me) are perfectionists and what exact original sound incase they want to go back to wav when mp3pro somes out then they code in that or ogg or what ever, although ill just stick to 192k mp3s untill mp3pro gets better qualtity because the majority of my songs are d/l not ripped

Comment

Well Charles, Its like this. We have come a long way from the days of 8-track and cassette tape. The quality of cd's is truly amazing. Why revert back to a lower quality of audio? Don't get me wrong, mp3's properly encoded sound good. I just happen to be one who can actually hear the difference...

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Franko:
                      <STRONG>Why revert back to a lower quality of audio?

Frank </STRONG>
                      Isn't that what this whole message board is all about? True CD's will sound better, but the advantages of MP3 heavily outweighs CD's.

Comment

Its music/storage systems that people on this board have made and developed that has made it possible for all people, to carry the music they like ,in the format they like, possible...

I am one who just prefer a Higher quality of music to listen to because I can hear the differences. I know using ogg/ape/wav/etc; take up a lot of hard drive space but, If I have the option, why not utilize it?

Its members of this board (and others)that have made this option a reality...

And that's cool...

Comment

You must have one hell of a stereo to be able to tell the differenc between a 320kbps mp3 and a wave file

I'm quite happy with maximum quality vbr
                          www.arbybean.com

Comment

Bring on the VBR! This stuff (using LAME) is perfect. I can't tell the diff between the CD and mp3. Excellent rendition. Try it with a good amp and a nice set of phones. MAGIC!

Catcha

Bj
                            BjBlaster! Car MP3 & Carputer!
                            bjblaster.com

"The solution to one problem is only the beginning of another"

Comment

Bring on the VBR! This stuff (using LAME) is perfect. I can't tell the diff between the CD and mp3. Excellent rendition. Try it with a good amp and a nice set of phones. MAGIC!

Catcha

Bj
                              BjBlaster! Car MP3 & Carputer!
                              bjblaster.com

"The solution to one problem is only the beginning of another"

Comment

Working...
                              X