New Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Software

Hi all, I've written some new software designed for LCD screens. Totally graphical and customizable with a good amount of features. It's still a work in progress, but I was figuring I could get a few opinions on it and see if anyone was interested in me making it public when it's finished.

Well, if anyone's interested, let me know!

-Wes-

yes!
    Nothing yet.....

Comment

sure thing! What kind of LCD specifically? TFT, color LCDs, or what!
      I'd love to check it out.
      Jonathan
      JZ CarPC - 1998 Volvo C70
      Shuttle SV-24 Celery 400Mhz 128MB SDRAM 60GB HD DVD, 12.1" VGA TFT LCD, Sproggy/Mastero DC-DC ATX PSU, Mucha ATX shutdown controller, Co-Pilot GPS

Comment

Yepp same goes for me
        PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
        sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

what does it do exactly? for mp3s, video?

Comment

I'll stick a Beta copy up on the net somewhere probably later tonight. I'll post some more info when I post the URL for it. But basically, it's being designed for LCD TV displays. Generally what Cobra does. I just don't particularly like Cobra (no offense, it's nice software). But I really wanted my car player laid out differently. Most people will probably prefer Cobra because it has more options. Personally, I want less options and more eye-candy. Just get the job done and impress the ladies and my friends. LOL

Anyway, I'll post a URL and some more info in a bit...

-Wes-

Comment

The mentioned software is now available from the following URL...

ftp:[email protected]/fizzleb1.zip

Please review the readme.txt file before running the software!

Enjoy...

-Wes-

Comment

i ran it on my home pc here and i love it so far! the voice guide is awesome!!! i like how it randomly has an intro and exit saying. another thing i like is the rotating text at the bottom. nice visual effect! one question, does it support the IrMan or any remotes? i would love to be a beta tester for this. i think its very good so far and with a bit of work, can be stunning.
                2004 F-150
                Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

well, when i try to install, it says i have some out-of-date files and to restart the puter to update them. So I did and it still gives me the same msg and I can't get by it.
                  I am on win2k pro sp2

D

Comment

2k1civic: You probably already have the needed runtime files. Either way, that installer was made with the lame VB setup kit, hence, it sucks. hehe I've uploaded a non-installer version to

ftp:[email protected]/fizzleb1_noinstall.zip

Let me know if you can't get that to work.

RaZor: I will most-likely be adding support for IR remotes in due time. It's already on my list of things to do.

TTYS...
                    -Wes-

Comment

Looks wonderful so far to be in beat. I already had MSAgent installed but was getting a XVoice.dll error and i found on the web this URL which i downloaded and installed http://www.shadisoft.com/download/speakmail2000.shtml
                      WOrked like a champ after that
                      "Geeks dont need girlfriends we can ping ourselves"

Sony Vaio 2Ghz 40G HHD, Routis 2004 GPS, 7" VGA TS Lilliput, BackUp Camera running RoadRunner with Simplistique Skin.

Comment

got it working with that.

a few issues i have.

no way to exit the app, unless thats what shutdown is, but no way to get back to that menu if u go into something else.

hard to read menu items with all the spaces.

i hope u have an option to turn the agent off.

nothing is supposed to work right?

Comment

Shut Down exits the app, it doesn't shut the computer down. The menu structure is only like maximum of 3 levels deep. You just hit left a couple times and you can shut it down. I thought having that option on each menu might be overkill.

You have trouble reading the menu's? I've put the spaces in specifically because my TV display in my car was a little difficult to read without the spacing. Those menu's will be customizable anyway in a future version.

For the other two issues, read the readme.txt file. The Agent can be turned off easily.

I'll update you guys when a new version is ready. In the mean time, keep those ideas/comments/suggestions/whatever coming in.

-Wes-

Comment

Any screenshots?
                            http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
                            Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

FYI, apparently when running on Win XP, there is no Xvoice.dll file - so I cannot run your program. let me know if there is a workaround.
                              I thought that perhaps setting the voice to 0 would allow me to run without loading the xvoice.dll, but it didn't work. - I do know that XP has speech built in, too - I have used it.

Let me know,
                              Jonathan
                              JZ CarPC - 1998 Volvo C70
                              Shuttle SV-24 Celery 400Mhz 128MB SDRAM 60GB HD DVD, 12.1" VGA TFT LCD, Sproggy/Mastero DC-DC ATX PSU, Mucha ATX shutdown controller, Co-Pilot GPS

Comment

Working...
                              X