How do I run my games w/out CDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I run my games w/out CDs

Is there any (easy) way to run all my games without having to use the CDs. My drive is in the truck so it's a real pain unless I just leave one cd in so I only use that game. Does anyone know if this is possible, i think i remember reading somewhere online about this but now I can't find it.
    Thanks much,
    Matt
    FV24 w/ 800mhz celeron & 256ram w/ DVD, WinXP, wireless keyboard/mouse & wireless gamepad, JVC LCD & TV tuner, two pioneer 10"s. Everything crammed in my 98 neon.

if you look at astalavista.box.sk ive seen some cracks on there so that you dont have to put the cd in everytime. if they dont have it, do a search on google.com and im sure you can find something. ive had that same problem before (Unreal Tournament) and i fixed it somehow.
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Search for a program called vitural cd. Used it back in the day before I got a cd burner.
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

Another solution.. Daemon tools (daemontools.com or something i think). Basically you need to take the CD of the game you want to play, and rip it with CDRWin or something similar into bin/cue format (this is legal, since you OWN the game of course). Then you install Daemon Tools and mount the bin/cue files. It basically acts as another cdrom drive, but its a virtual one.

Comment

yes, but you need a cracked exe. you can get these at www.gamecopyworld.com and check for availibility at www.isonews.com

Comment

what razor said is your best bet. go to astalavista search for "<game> no cd" or some varyation (crack etc....), download the appropriette crack , they are usually very small , 10 seconds on dial up kind of download times , unzip (rar etc...) the crack and you will find some files , usually one called file_id.diz . this is a plain ascii text file so just open it with notepad or what ever and this file contains instructions on how to use the crack.
            stupid quote # 1 : "i dont do drugs , i only ever smoke pot when i'm coming down" , Me , 6 september , 2001.

Comment

ok , that should have been "< game > no cd"
              stupid quote # 1 : "i dont do drugs , i only ever smoke pot when i'm coming down" , Me , 6 september , 2001.

Comment

alright, that's what i was looking for, thanks a lot guys.
                FV24 w/ 800mhz celeron & 256ram w/ DVD, WinXP, wireless keyboard/mouse & wireless gamepad, JVC LCD & TV tuner, two pioneer 10"s. Everything crammed in my 98 neon.

Comment

Even better try megagames.com, that is all it is for....

You can also run a Virtual CD drive using ISOS instead of burning them with a program called Daemon Tools. So far has worked 100% for me, and it is FREE!
                  OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
                  www.whipflash.com
                  Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

look...people... listen to me.... www.gamecopyworld.com GO THERE DAMNIT ... its a worldwide site with liek 20 mirros hosting cracks...jesus... im not a newbie

WAREZ WAREZ WAREZ WAREZ

Comment

"yes, but you need a cracked exe. you can get these at www.gamecopyworld.com "

you gave the impression that if you needed a cracked exe that we should go to www.gamecopyworld.com , and you dont need a cracked exe if you have a crack to crack (or patch , if you prefer that terminology) the exe you already have. jebus ... i'm not a newbie....

Comment

I have been happy w/ Virtual CD myself. It's not free though ;-)
                        IEI PSB-4710, 1.5Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Lilliput 8" TS, M2-ATX, BU-353,
                        Ikey SL75 keyboard, BT Mini Keyboard, WLAN, EVDO, IC-PCR100 (AM/FM/VHF), HQCT, Centrafuse 1.6...

Comment

Sometimes you can use the good old DOS command "subst" and make a virtual drive. I've tricked a few games by doing this, just make sure you install off the virtual drive. It doesn't always work since software companies have got smarter, but free and worth a try.

I think it is best to find a crack to patch the game. I hate when I buy a game and have to insert the CD everytime for no reason.
                          ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                          Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                          Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Just get a 6-disk CD-ROM like I have in my carputer.
                            http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
                            Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Working...
                            X