Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 640x480 Winamp skin

Hi,
    Has anyone created a 640x480 skin for winamp 3? I've been using winamp 3 beta for several months, and I find it better than winamp 2. The skins appear to be much more customizable, so it would be pretty easy to make a clear fullscreen skin for our car lcd monitors. Nothing fancy, just nice large buttons and font would make it much easier to use winamp on a touchscreen. If no one has made one yet, I'll look into it, but I have no experience with winamp skins.
    Still setting it all up:
    FV24 with celeron 900, super tiny custom case, Datalux 10.4 touch screen in the Subaru Outback

I'm working on one, not done with it yet...
    http://mp3box.2y.net/temp/skin.jpg

I could probably finish it faster if winamp3 didn't crash every 5 minutes!

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: Arby ]
    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Looks good! Is the playlist font going to be larger?
      Still setting it all up:
      FV24 with celeron 900, super tiny custom case, Datalux 10.4 touch screen in the Subaru Outback

Comment

I gotta get me that skin when its done!!!!!!
        Look great.

Comment

Soon after placing this post, I found an mp3 player for which any size/shape skins can be made very easily. The program is not as nice as winamp, but the skin I made fits the 640x480 screen quite well, and has large buttons and font so I just have to glance at the touchscreen. It didn't take to long to make the skin, just drew it out in photoshop, and then set the correct button and visual parameters.

http://www.ryerson.ca/~sgray/vbamp.htm
          Still setting it all up:

Comment

i'm working on one

Comment

I downloaded Winamp 3 beta 3 and its looking really good. Much improvements over Beta 2. Now its only a matter of time before Winamp 3.0 final version comes out. The resize window (stretch) for Winamp is definately one we will all use im sure.
              2004 F-150
              Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
              "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Winamp 3

What are the differences in the ways you would make a skin for winamp 3 ? And how do you go about getting started... like there was the base skin for winamp 2... what about the new one?
                Josh Karger
                By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

SmoothSwiss

Show us your skin Smoothswiss:-)
                  <b> Player </b> 500Mhz PIII on "biscuit" M/B 6GB 2.5" HDD Rand McNally GPS on MS Autoroute software:-( Winamp 6.4"TFT with LVDS input

Comment

There are actually a lot of players out there that are completely size skinable, but the problem is that if you use something other than winamp, you loose out on the huge resource of plugins that winamp has. I know I use quite a few winamp plug-ins for my car that I haven't found for other players.
                    -Nick

Comment

Re: SmoothSwiss

Originally posted by TwinII
                      Here's what the skin I made for VB-amp looks like. It's not anything fancy, but very functional and good visibility. The buttons are large so it's easy to make a selection without taking your eyes off the road for too long.
                      The skin actually consists of two pictures... this is the default one, and then there is a background pic for button rollover effects and the playbar which scrolls across the screen under the song title.

+F - add file
                      +D - add directory
                      +P - add playlist
                      There is also a hidden button in the bottom left corner to minimize the player.

As stated in the preceeding post, this player lacks the plugins, visualization, etc of winamp... but if all you need is a straight up functional player, this works quite well. I'm going to try to make a Winamp 3 skin now too. I just hope the playlist fonts are also resizable, because from the ones I've seen so far, they all seem to be the default size.
                      Still setting it all up:

Comment

Re: SmoothSwiss

Originally posted by TwinII
                        Maybe I just didn't get that bad pun

Here are the skin files if anyone wants them, you can easily customize it.
                        Still setting it all up:

Comment

Re: Winamp 3

Originally posted by CaffeineAddict
                          What are the differences in the ways you would make a skin for winamp 3 ? And how do you go about getting started... like there was the base skin for winamp 2... what about the new one?
                          In winamp 2, you took the base skin, and changed the bmp's. That's all you could do.

In winamp 3, you control everything. Multiple layers, any size you want, any shape you want. You can make a button slide open a drawer with more buttons and a rotary knob. You can make all the images and place them anywhere you want and make them do anything you want with the scripting.

It's completely free form. It's also not easy.

look at the winamp3 skins on www.deskmod.com - you can do some very intersting stuff!
                          www.arbybean.com

Comment

Great skin

Smothswiss, that is one fantastic looking interface for touchscreen use.

like it.
                            <b> Player </b> 500Mhz PIII on "biscuit" M/B 6GB 2.5" HDD Rand McNally GPS on MS Autoroute software:-( Winamp 6.4"TFT with LVDS input

Comment

Working...
                            X