Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network based ID3 cleanup, instant playlists, song classification, discovery & more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network based ID3 cleanup, instant playlists, song classification, discovery & more

Hi All,

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I’d love to have some of your help beta test our new music collection management application – The MoodLogic Network.

The MoodLogic Client accesses an expansive network of song profiles to add order to your collection of MP3 & WMA files. Tired of sifting through incorrect file names & tags? Building playlists one song at a time? Not being able to locate favorite songs floating around the nebula of your hard drive? So were we.

The MoodLogic Network completely eliminates these problems, enabling the Client to:
    Automatically identify your songs with DSP technology, returning accurate artist and song names
    Auto-Classify your music by genre, mood, tempo and more
    Build instant playlists, filled with songs that match your mood
    Automatically fix your missing & incorrect ID3 tags
    Discover new songs that are similar to your favorites
    Share your music knowledge with others by profiling your favorite songs

The MoodLogic Client is currently in a beta phase, and will be available free for a limited time only.

To download the Client - visit www.moodlogic.net.

Well I just download the client to test it out. First test I did my Classical Music selection (only 25 songs) This genre of music is the most incorrect labels songs IMHO and how well did MoodLogic do. 3 out of 25 songs were Identified.

I will continue to test this product out with different genres of music.

Awol
    Awol

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Comment

Ok MoodLogic isn't that great. I did most of my collection, around 2000 songs. 1338 were Unidentified, 284 were Identified but not profiled, 292 were profiled. This is a mix of all types of music. I would save the 4 MB download and just continue to add ID3 tags to mp3s that don't have them. Plus since they mention its free for the Beta who knows what they want to charge when it really comes out. Right now it isn't worth the money
      Awol

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Comment

AWol... What type of music do you have in your collection? I fear that you may have encountered some sort of bug - as this is by far the lowest ID and Profiled rates I have heard of....

Drop me an email @ [email protected] if you get a chance.

-Jim

Comment

just tried it on a sampling of my mp3s.

total traks: 361
          unidentified: 133
          identedified: 117
          profiled: 111

I like it, the playlist creator is cool(tempo/genre...), with a bigger database I might even purchase a copy

Now i'm going to let it at my 2500+ mp3s.
          >\\MP3G60//<

Comment

on my small collection here at work the results go like this.

total traks: 194
            unidentified: 162
            identedified: 28
            profiled: 4

and then some comments about the program.

LET ME MAXIMIZE THE PROGRAM!!

Comment

Yes the playlist creator is cool but if you own a SB live mp3+ car the music player that it comes with does the same thing.

Jim7: I have a mix of music. most of which is new popular stuff like Matchbox 20, Creed etc. Granted I probably have stuff that wouldn't be in there (mostly Game music) but that only like 15% of my collection.
              Awol

Comment

Tracks In Colelction: 2763
                Unidentified: 1029
                Identified: 965
                Profiled: 769
                ==========
                the first time I tried to manually profile a song, it said something about not being able to load the skin or some crap like that and then it crashed explorer. Then my comp froze. Yes, let me maximize it too! And, manually profiling takes toooooooo long.
                -Jason
                Car
                1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
                The Player
                Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

Comment

The damn thing doesn't uninstall everything. I uninstalled it and it comes up whenever I open winamp. Come on guys make uninstall get rid of everything. I hate going in and cleaning the crap out myself.
                  Awol

Comment

******. I have been working on something like this built into my car software for a while now. Then you have to go along and release the same thing.. ******* christ.. It's all good though, I'll just move on..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Sparkle:
                      <STRONG>******. I have been working on something like this built into my car software for a while now. Then you have to go along and release the same thing.. ******* christ.. It's all good though, I'll just move on..</STRONG>

Woah Woah, calm done buddy! Continue your project for your needs bud!
                      Car
                      1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
                      The Player
                      Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Sparkle:
                        <STRONG>******. I have been working on something like this built into my car software for a while now. Then you have to go along and release the same thing.. ******* christ.. It's all good though, I'll just move on..</STRONG>
                        Watch the language. That is your one warning.
                        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
                        X