(='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

That... is truly awesome.
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
    http://hallert.net/

Comment

It doesnt like the random command eh ?? Are you using SAPI 5.1 Engligh version ?? I'm curious because your accent doesnt seem to throw it off, although from what I've read in the DEV articles of SAPI that accents shouldnt matter.

Also with the volume turned up to 100% it's still able to hear your command... this must mean you have a mic on your body with noice cancellation, such a a "head set mic"

I'm curious to see a test of you giving it commands at 50+ mph w/ windows rolled down.. I've run into this problem w/ developing speach reco in my front end.. noise cancellation can only go so far and it seems the slightest wind noise isn't cancelled out correctly therefore seriously decreasing recognition proficiency.

Are you using some sort of "hypothetical" code in your reco or is your app just waiting to see if SAPI truely heard the command ?? I've been re-working a system using the hypothesis event in SAPI incase SAPI doesn't hear a command all the way it will still look at the hypoth statement and think out the best solution using what it partially heard...

Thanks for your input, great demo...
      Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
      Via EPIA MII
      512MB RAM
      OEM GPS (embedded)
      nLite WinXP pro on
      1GB Extreme III CF card
      Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
      Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....wow.

Comment

He actually said, "'Ere, go down the ol' apples 'n' pears and get us a capaa tea me dears, I'm parched", whereby Aimee proceeded to drive to the the petrol station and parallel parked in his living room on its return
          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")
          Bunny's first poo
          __ U

Comment

Hehehe

What hardware was this on? It seems very quick in reacting to commands!
            List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

sooo when do we get to play? (with the software)

mmmm avatar........
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

Ha! You like doggies ay! I knew....
                List of front-ends/usefull apps
                XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by IntellaWorks
                  It doesnt like the random command eh ?? Are you using SAPI 5.1 Engligh version ?? I'm curious because your accent doesnt seem to throw it off, although from what I've read in the DEV articles of SAPI that accents shouldnt matter.
                  Actually, watch the 'Random' button, it toggled every single time he said Random with it on screen. Eg, it worked every single dang time. It's a toggle, not an activator. He would say Random again to turn random off.
                  Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                  http://hallert.net/

Comment

IntellaWorks,

I'm modifying the SAPI 5.1 SDK samples to work better with what I'm doing. The camera I used to record it (my Canon Powershot A70) didn't truely reflect the actual noise of the audio coming from my speakers. The volume at 100% was loud enough, and with the microphone sitting on the desk 2ft away from my mouth, pointing away from me (the microphone is used for recognition is the one on the webcamera you saw in the "Camera" screen, and pointing in the direction that the camera was pointing)

I have not tried it in the car yet, this only code that I have been working on today. I have ordered a new microphone from Ebay, which is *apparantly* uni-directional and noise-cancelling, I will try it in the car in a few days with both mics (the webcam and the other mic)

I've not modified the hypothetical code yet, however I will look into it depending on the outcome of the tests!

Cheers for the feedback so far.

Garry
                    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Chairboy
                      Actually, watch the 'Random' button, it toggled every single time he said Random with it on screen. Eg, it worked every single dang time. It's a toggle, not an activator. He would say Random again to turn random off.
                      Yep

It did this even in the camera form, almost all of these commands will be globally available

Garry
                      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Blimey!

Michael
                        "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
                        RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Comment

So when are we going to get our hands on this? Can one of you guys give us some detail on its development? I have heard SO MUCH about AIMEE, and since I've come into the scene, I have been hearing about aimee, yet at the same time i've seen numerous launches of full blown software (Centrafuse, Road Runner, et al).. So what is it with AIMEE? semi-vaporware? It promises to really pack a punch, which makes me reallllly interested in it... So I'm eagerly waiting!
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                            IntellaWorks,

I'm modifying the SAPI 5.1 SDK samples to work better with what I'm doing. The camera I used to record it (my Canon Powershot A70) didn't truely reflect the actual noise of the audio coming from my speakers. The volume at 100% was loud enough, and with the microphone sitting on the desk 2ft away from my mouth, pointing away from me (the microphone is used for recognition is the one on the webcamera you saw in the "Camera" screen, and pointing in the direction that the camera was pointing)

I have not tried it in the car yet, this only code that I have been working on today. I have ordered a new microphone from Ebay, which is *apparantly* uni-directional and noise-cancelling, I will try it in the car in a few days with both mics (the webcam and the other mic)

I've not modified the hypothetical code yet, however I will look into it depending on the outcome of the tests!

Cheers for the feedback so far.

Garry

I did these tests as well, microphone 4ft away from my mouth and computer speakers turned on 100% and also the TV on in the background... Got 100% accuracy... as soon as I got in the car... WHAM accuracy went to crap... you'll find that out.... wind is incredibly diffacult for the computer to filterout...
                            Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                            Via EPIA MII
                            512MB RAM
                            OEM GPS (embedded)
                            nLite WinXP pro on
                            1GB Extreme III CF card
                            Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                            Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                              So when are we going to get our hands on this? Can one of you guys give us some detail on its development? I have heard SO MUCH about AIMEE, and since I've come into the scene, I have been hearing about aimee, yet at the same time i've seen numerous launches of full blown software (Centrafuse, Road Runner, et al).. So what is it with AIMEE? semi-vaporware? It promises to really pack a punch, which makes me reallllly interested in it... So I'm eagerly waiting!
                              Normally vapourware doesn't show videos!

Seriously, though, we don't want to put out something which has only half the features we want. Things like Road Runner and Centrafuse have people or a person working on it all the time. AIMEE is written in our spare time, and we're working very hard on it, but at times, home and work have unfortunately had to take presedence over AIMEE I'd love dearly to work on it 24/7 like others have the luxury of doing!

But, be aware that we are going to be releasing it soon. We don't know when exactly, but it won't be until we're happy with it!

Garry
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X