winamp auto-play on start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winamp auto-play on start?

is there a way to make winamp automatically start playing a song when it starts?
    Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
    Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
    Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
    www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

There is a plugin called A-Play by Egghead Software which does this.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Rob
    And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
    www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
    Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Just drag the winamp icon into your Startup Folder

Click the start button, then where all your programs are there is the startup folder
      "A4 Quattro. Rocket Science."

Comment

Yes for the original question to get winamp to start playing you need the eggware plugin.

there is another plugin that starts playing where you left off...unfortunately I don't have that plug-in name, it is installed in my truck.
        current projects

Comment

there is a plugin called Resumer, look for it at winamp.com in the plugins section (duh)

Tom

Comment

If you don't care about what song on the playlist gets played, merely create a shortcut in your startup folder to the winamp.m3u file in your winamp directory. This playlist is a scratch file that WinAMP uses for the current list, even if it isn't saved.

-j3

Comment

There is an awesome plugin called "Reproduction Control". You can find it here:
              http://www.cosorio.cjb.net/winamp-en.html

With this one you can make winamp start playing automatically at startup. It also recognizes when a CD is inserted and scans for mp3's on it. When you eject the CD, it clears the playlist.

I like it.

Comment

Or, just add a shortcut to playlist.m3u in teh startup folder, it'll start instantly with the playlist you last used
                -
                My cars
                -

Comment

winamp auto playing

isn't there a simple cmd line switch that you can add to the shortcut to autoplay winamp? (for example play the last played song)

Comment

Originally posted by red_bull View Post
                    isn't there a simple cmd line switch that you can add to the shortcut to autoplay winamp? (for example play the last played song)
                    Better late than never... it could easily be fixed by a Winamp check-box "(x) Resume playing at startup", but wtf - maybe it's too hard for them.

Create a shortcut that you place on your desktop or in the Startup folder.

For windows 7 64-bit the shortcut looks like:
                    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe" C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.m3u

For windows 7 32-bit it's:
                    "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.m3u

For Vista 64 it's:
                    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe" C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.m3u

For Vista 32 it's:
                    "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.m3u

For XP-32 it's:
                    "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Application Data\Winamp\winamp.m3u

I don't have a XP-64 virtual machine so I can't test that.

/anders @ http://andersbrink.se/

Comment

Working...
                    X