Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Millenium - Disable Scandisk?

Hello all,

I just picked up Windows Millenium for my box. Has anyone been able to shut down the automatic scandisk which runs if Windows is not properly shut down? I set the msdos.sys command to autoscan=0 which does the trick in Win 98, but scandisk continues to run. Thoughts?

You can use tweakui to shut down scan disk in Millenium Edition. I have it on an mp3 box in my house. Any questions just ask.

Comment

No, there is no need for an external tool.

Start menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System information

From the Tool menu, select System Configuration Utility.

Press the advanced button, and check "Disable scandisk after bad shutdown".

Hope this helps.

Comment

or... you can just type 'msconfig' in the run dialog off the start button.. bit less clicking for the lazy people (like me).. that gets you the same place as going into the system information tool and running the configuration tool... msconfig lets you disable almost everything running at boot time (all the stuff in the registry) as well.. I disabled everything and it didnt effect my boot up other than making it faster... which is always nice.

[This message has been edited by Callahan (edited 07-14-2000).]
        MP3 Cavalier - http://www.mp3cavalier.com
        MP3 Grand Prix - http://www.mp3gp.com

Comment

Ah.. I was going to write that, but i just couldn't remember the name of the program file.. Thanx!

Comment

Is there a way you can disable scan disk w/o a utility on Win 95?
            Car - 20%
            PC - 80%
            Planning - 90%

Comment

I believe this will work for 95 also. Find msdos.sys and change "autoscan=1" to "autoscan=0". Msdos.sys is usually a hidden file so before looking for the file go to Windows Explorer and choose view/folder options/view/show all files.

Comment

Thanks Kevin for the advice. Hey where is everybody geting their copy of Win ME??
                Car - 20%
                PC - 80%
                Planning - 90%

Comment

Working...
                X