Developing spectrum analyzer for 20x4 lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing spectrum analyzer for 20x4 lcd

I'm developing a dos-based mp3car player using xaudio sdk.
    I have coded a spectrum analyzer that runs smoothly on my hitachi 20x4 lcd.
    Anyone interested? Any suggestions for a dos player?
    Let me know at [email protected]
    http://lorty.mp3car.com

Hi there mate
    Any chance we can get a copy of the scoure code ?
    And in what laguage did u code it ?

Thanx

Fosgate
    Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
    Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

Hi Fosgate,
      yes I think I will give the source code ( I'm writing the analyzer in C for the Djgpp compiler ) but for the moment my mp3player is not ready for distribution, it is still in progress...I have to finish the playlist manager and the control interface, I'm working hard :-)

Comment

I'd love a spectrum analyzer for a 20x4... that'd be cool!

Comment

i'd like a copy also....please post a link to it when done...i'd like to see the output if you dont mind

Comment

I to would like to have a look at the source code ...

Comment

That sounds like a Great Idea. Please keep your Fans Posted.

Comment

Hi,
                if anyone wants to help me for the moment and wants to try my user-programmed character set on his lcd, please e-mail me at: [email protected]
                I will reply sending a little test program (95K exe file) that writes on the lcd some vertical bars. I'd like to see if it works ok on all 20x4 parallel or smaller (hitachi-controlled) lcd displays.
                I have only to fix a little problem with the reported frequency magnitude (something wrong with the FFT) and then the analyzer will come!

Lorty http://lorty.mp3car.com

Comment

Finally, someone who wants to make a new program !!! Will it work with HD44780 LCDs , the ones that are wired for winamp? Will it be a winamp plugin , and could you make a winamp plugin version

thanks

MpRover

Comment

Yes my program is designed for the HD44780 controlled LCDs, anyway I never went into winamp plugin programming, but if anyone out there knows how to code a plugin it would be really nice!

Comment

About when can we expect the working sowtware to test out in our own players? I also have a 20x4 but the only software thats available for DOS is MPXF and the TSR lags my player in the free version and the newer version needs to be registered to work correctly. Its great to find a person that just wants to help the cause, so to speak... I think I speak for everyone when I say great job, and keep up the good work. I would have done this myself long ago, but I have no idea how to program that. So in closing, you are the man =)

------------------
                      Monger
                      ICQ-7207702
                      Monger
                      ICQ-7207702
                      UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for your support!
                        I just got the winamp visualization sdk & visual c++ 6.0, and I'll try to code a plug-in too.
                        I'm in the mp3car.com sticker contest too: http://www.mp3car.com/stickerpick.asp
                        my proposal is the 5th from the top (the flaming text) if you like it, please vote me :-)

Comment

Will it surrport the same pinout as the winamp LCD? Can I get a copy of the source (send it to [email protected] if you can)

Thanks

Josh

Comment

Good news: I have just developed a winamp-plugin version of my analyzer, the dos version still needs more fixing, but it's almost ready.
                            I think I'll upload the plug-in on my site very shortly.

Comment

I finally released a demo version of my plugin. http://lorty.mp3car.com
                              Go to lcd section for screenshots

Comment

Working...
                              X