Bluetooth GSM Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth GSM Control

Anyone know of any controls (Active X), that manage all the bluetooth connectivity, and the GSM Protocol?

I much perfer programming my own front ends and a control would make my life alot easier. I have seen PhoneControl.net looks very impressive, but i cant intergrate it the way i'd like to.

Going phone specific? or something usable by all phones?

I started to work on a version for Nokia phones since they have a SDK. I used VB6 and MS Bluetooth stack instead of Widcomm....

... but since I just received my Moto Mpx220....
    Car: 2006 Scion tC (Buying)
    CPU: AOpen Pandora/1.5 Cel M/1GB DDR2/Ipod Vid
    Screen: Lilliput 7"
    Power: Carnetix 1900
    GPS: Deluo GPS
    Software: nLiteXP, RR, IG, PhoCo
    XM: XM Direct
    http://www.chrispuckett.com/mp3car/

Comment

Originally posted by Nobias
      Going phone specific? or something usable by all phones?

I started to work on a version for Nokia phones since they have a SDK. I used VB6 and MS Bluetooth stack instead of Widcomm....

... but since I just received my Moto Mpx220....
      Ideally something thats non phone specific, I have got one that i programmed before with the MSCOMM.OCX control, it worked quite well apart from when the phone went out of range it crashed. I havnt looked into programming into either the MS or with Widcomm Stack, but if its simple enough to get a COM port open and running on it, i'm sure i could migrate my code.

Comment

What do you mean by out of range?

If you have a working COM version you're set! Widcomm is a little better for serial connection (Better profiling), but MS will work also. I know with nokia you need a piece of the Phone Toolkit to make the serial connection usable.

Comment

Well the first version I programmed in VB, Its not complete, but it does the main things. I am just deciding weather to carry on with it.

The first version was only aware of the serial port, had no idea about bluetooth. As soon as i got out of my car to go pay for petrol it crashed, MSCOMM just kept tring to send the data out, and it stopped the program, because it was only single threaded i couldnt watch for this crash, as soon as i detected that the data was not getting recieved it was too late.

Could you share with a BT implementation code, VB code would be great. It would save me alot of time knowing where to start.

Also : If anyone else is intrested in a Active X or a .Net control, tell me, i'd be happy to make my project public.

Comment

Nothing to share really. You just use the bluetooth stack to setup a serial connection. If you tell me the phone and the stack you want to use I can try to find out some more info.

Comment

I have just been playin around with it for the last 30 mins or so, and i havnt got anywhere, i dont even know if I am doing the right thing, are you interfacing with it through a reference in VB, or direct API calls ?

I am using a reference "BTStackServer 1.0 Type Library", and none of the components seem to be any good.

I may be asking a basic question, but can you tell me where to start with the interface?

My phone ATM is a SonyEricsson Z600, and i think that have got Widcomm 1.2.2.15

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                I may be asking a basic question, but can you tell me where to start with the interface?
                Microsoft Comm Control
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                  Microsoft Comm Control
                  I have already programmed a complete working version with the MSComm Control
                  Originally posted by Sparky
                  I have got one that i programmed before with the MSCOMM.OCX control
                  What i need to know how to do is the one with the BT Stack Driver, so i can get around the MSComm's limitations, as far as been aware of the bluetooth connection goes.

Comment

works same way, mapped to a serial port from bluetooth
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                      works same way, mapped to a serial port from bluetooth
                      Thanks, do you know of any way to detect (other than not recieveing commands back from the phone) if the Device has gone out of range?

Comment

There is none.
                        Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Working...
                        X