Volume Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Problem

On Winamp I can only go as low as 13% volume. Below that level no sound comes out at all. I am using a sound blaster 16 card. I have an AWE 64 card, should I use that instead ? Thanks for any help.

i don't think that has anything to do with winamp....check your main volume control

abcd-1
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I tried the main volume control but it still produced the same results. I am going to try changing the sound card tonight.

Comment

uhhh unless I am missing something here: why does it matter anyway. Just stick the winamp on %50 and use your headunit to amplify
        Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
        Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
        Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
        www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

I have no head unit it is wired through a combo amp/eq. So I have to use winamp to control the volume.

Comment

I have no head unit it is wired through a combo amp/eq. So I have to use winamp to control the volume.

Comment

Comment

I have exactly the same problem and the same sound card, sb vibra 16, its really a cheap sound blaster...But with that combination pc->amps, we dont have a decent volume control...i am thinking of adding an analog volume dial and leave winamp at about 75%...any ideas are welcomed...

Comment

I switched cards to the AWE64 and it worked. I have complete control of my volume. Also the sound is so much clearer.

Comment

Working...
                  X