in car auto eq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in car auto eq

i wanted to use a program that controls an external relay board for changing the level of the amplifiers and x-over frequencies in my car this im sure would be easy to do with current technologies phidgets etc and the amount of people working on it currently. but could we then make different eq settings for styles of music based around what sounds good at the time, save that setting, then give mp3/wma/video files a tag, maybe a small identifier in the id3 tag or something, that the player / software would read that gives the system the appropriate eq setting and changes it accordingly for each new tune that comes on

would this be a new breakthrough in in car audio goodness

Why a relay card? It would be much better to have it control a digital pot array, since the EQ is pots and caps anyway.

As for the tag, couldn't you use the genre?

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, but I think its been thought of before. I just think its a pretty difficult project to be accomplishing in just your spare time. Not that it couldn't be done though.
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

I think it would be even better just to have a microprocessor control a true EQ chip, then you could just put it inline between your computer and your amps. Then just feed the microprocessor serial data from the computer and you would be set.
      肚子笑痛了
      S60 Install

Comment

any and all details on a digtal pot array would be really welcome i was suing the ideas running around in the hardware dev forum for a usb or parallel port controlled relay set or maybe servos.

yeah the genre could be good but sometimes several songs in the same genre need to have different eq settings for instance i have some music by ackercocke which is really over the top on the bass at the start but then slayer or deicide which needs the bass higher again

if you could set a eq level then whichever software you are using could make an insertion at the start of the mp3 id3 tag using a couple of letters then numbers to say

yes this does have a predetermined eq setting and this is it

if it came across a file that did not contain the identifier then it would simply apply a default eq unless told otherwise

Comment

And here's another case of where I known they'd existed, I would've suggested it That definitely sounds like a preferred option. Do they usually just take information from a microprocessor, such as band and dB information? Are they complicated? And above all, can they communicate directly with the computer?
          2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
          7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
          80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

so why not just use a software eq?
            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

a software eq would have the same effect as my alpine headunits eq that i am using at the moment.

sometimes i would like to be able to change the x-over freq of the amps i have and the level of the subs because a certain song will need to be set up differently. the alpine headunit can only go down so far but i found i needed to go further.

anyways does anyone think it would be possible to do my idea and if so could they post examples of source code or links to it. or if not could they tell me the possible pitfalls that i may face when trying

T

Comment

Working...
              X