Calling all Programmers..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Programmers..

I had an idea for a nice way of controlling your player. I have an i-opener and thought of this idea. Its a web based front end to winamp of sonique ect. Heres the idea: Build a webpage that is running a cgi scrip. Like the cgi script quickly searches a directory, builds an html file to disk, shows 1.mp 2.mp3 blah balh dir. You click on 1.mp3 and 1 .mp3 is played in winamp
    Click on blah blah dir and the cgi scripts searches that dir, outputs an html file and ect and I then can intergrate the script into a web page for my mobile car mp3 player. I was talking to a few programmers who said this script should be easy to make. I would attempt to learn how but I just dont have the time to learn cgi and perl scripting. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be willing to work on this project with me? Post here or email me at [email protected] Thanks!
    Car
    1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
    The Player
    Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

I have all the function in CobraI/II/III that will do just what u want. Only problem is that i am bussy working on CobraIII and don't think i will have time to help u. Believe it or not, It is not that easy to do. Also keep in mind that u will have to worry about HD spanning. Meaninng if u have 2-3 HD or partion..... Anyway if u really want i probably could export my DLL for u and prolly show u how u could use it. BTW, what OS are u going to be using?

------------------
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI and CobraII.
    For more information on the COBRA Application's please visit the link. For the latest or updated info on CobraII please click on the link. Get new updated files for CobraII here. ftp://pictures[email protected]/d:/newdlls
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is Cenwesi
    Webpage comming soon!
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Cenwesi,
      I would probally be using windows 2000 since it has the, oh whats it called that allows cgi scripts to be run locally, package to run cgi scripts locally instead of on a web server. Or, who knows I might use Linux with Apache Web server installed.

Now, about the partition, I way aroudn this could be maybe to show the cgi file which directory. Like on the menu of the web page have links like, Rock, Rap, Ect. Then the patch to the link would be like mp3.cgi?c:\mp3s\rock for rock and mp3.cgi?c:\mp3s\rap ect.

Ill definitely be running cobra 2 when I get everything setup and I am eagerly awaiting cobra 3. But, I also would like something I can customize myself. And since the only thing code wise I know is html, thats the only thing I can customize. Thanks for the feedback cenwesi and keep up the good work on cobra!
      -Shaxs
      Car
      1964 Ford Falcon powered by a 1993 Mustang 5.0 EFI, AOD transmission, with disc brakes up front and more mechanical goodies
      The Player
      Gone! Soon goign to repalce the screen based system i HAD with an iPod. http://mp3falcon.crazyshaxs.com

Comment

Writing code do this would be easy in VB, just monitor clicks in IE or Netscape and create the next webpage on the fly or they could be pre-built. Spanning multiple drives would be easy as well, I already do this in my MP3Frontamp to Winamp.

Hmm...I might try this myself.

Wex

Comment

Working...
        X