Slow playlist load at winamp startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow playlist load at winamp startup

Okay, I know I read this somewhere regarding very slow playlist loading when winamp starts. I have over 3400 songs listed in the playlist and when winamp starts it takes a good 15 seconds loading the playlist before it begins to play the first song. I have it starting as the shell in win98se and have tried adjusting the prefs for loading id3 info in winamp. I stripped all the id3 tags from my mp3's as well. I also tried having winamp read all extended information and saving it to the playlist. Whats the deal??? Thanks in advance.

the settings in winamp allow you not to load any id3 tag info but with 3400 songs it might take a while
    it takes about 5 secs to do a cd for me ( mpxplay, dos 7, p100, 24 meg ram)
    cheers
    pcman
    donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

I discovered the same problem months ago when i was writing "mp3cobra". If u really want it load up real FAST, add the path to each file in the playlist. And yes i have tested this and it makes a lot of difference. When my app scans for new mp3's and write the playlists, it add the path.

abcd-1

[This message has been edited by cenwesi (edited 08-17-2000).]
      abcd-1
      Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Thats what I remember reading now! Cool thanks I will give that a try. I knew it was somewhere!!!

I have been considering switching over to mpxplay, but I like the keypad functionality with the winamp plugin of being able to hit the plus then the song then the plus again to jump. I know I could rewrite the .ini file for mpxplay, but how again do you jump to song numbers? Also I am still planning on adding a 5 inch LCD sometime in the future. It is too bad someone can't write a graphic based front end that runs from dos that can control mpxplay (similar to the pseduo-windows looking setup of say PQmagic, that runs from a single disk and looks/feels like a windows app running full screen)

I'm done spewing...

Comment

MPXPlay does support keypad control natively, and you don't need to hit the + key first. However, I think you do need to have the entire list loaded with all fo the id3 info (which takes a while with large lists) in order to jump to any song.

------------------
          http://home.earthlink.net/~avgeek
          KG6OQD
          www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

yikes, that really suck. He really needs to optimize it. In winamp i discovered another way to speed up the loading.

abcd-1

abcd-1
            Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
            You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Which would be? Any little quirks and tweaks to make it better would be great!

Comment

Working...
              X