hibernation freezes upon startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hibernation freezes upon startup

Hey all...I searched for the resolution to this problem, and all I could find was a dead end link. In the post 2 other users had the same problem, and a solution was never posted...the link thread just ended. I am running windows XP professional edition, and recently began having the problem when resuming from hibernation. When the loading bar at the bottom of the screen reaches 100%, it just freezes and stays on that screen. I believe this has something to do with the usb devices, but even if I unplug and replug them in at that point, it doesn't help. This is my only holdup for my carputer running 100% glitch -free, so I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me resolve this!! Thank you!!!
    Via epia M10000
    12.1" VGA touchscreen
    XP Pro
    OPus 150W
    120 GIG Maxtor
    512 DDR
    Geforce 5500 Videocard
    Audigy NX USB sound card
    Wireless Keyboard & mouse
    Panasonic slim line -slot load
    w/ usb adapter
    IRMAN

Whats sup man. Long time... Its been cold but getting much warer. It funny I was thinking of u this earlier today.

I had issues also, but nothing I could not solve. hopefully we can meet up asap and have a show off! Im sure to solve your problem more info will be needed. But I will call you, by tuesday.

Lata.

Comment

hey erik...funny..definately call this week...
      Via epia M10000
      12.1" VGA touchscreen
      XP Pro
      OPus 150W
      120 GIG Maxtor
      512 DDR
      Geforce 5500 Videocard
      Audigy NX USB sound card
      w/ usb adapter
      IRMAN

Comment

It's definately something to do with the USB devices and the way their power settings are configured. Some USB peripherals can not be powered down by windows and some need to be in order for Windows to hibernate properly. This settings can be found under the power management tab for for the USB device or USB hub that it is attached to.

I would unplug all USB peripherals (except for the touchscreen) and try hibernating. Then add another USB device and try hibernating again. Once you find the offending device, go into device manager and toggle the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option and try hibernating again. If it works, add another device until you get all of them plugged in and working. If it still doesn't work, see if there's another power management option specific to that device and toggle it. It took me about a half hour to get my system hibernating correctly using this method. Good luck with your hunt!

Comment

Thanks alot for the reply!!! I will begin my hunt later today....
          Via epia M10000
          12.1" VGA touchscreen
          XP Pro
          OPus 150W
          120 GIG Maxtor
          512 DDR
          Geforce 5500 Videocard
          Audigy NX USB sound card
          w/ usb adapter
          IRMAN

Comment

There is no power management feature in my Audigy 2 NX device manager control?! WTF

Edit: ok I found it but it didn't work
            E39 520iA + Bimmer Tuning Club of Finland

Comment

Any Luck?

Was there ever any resolution to this issue??
              Skippy

Comment

Try this guys....

Startup windows normally, go back into control panel, then power options... Turn off hibernation, then restart the computer. Then reactivate hibernation again. Now you should be good to go. Good Luck.

Comment

I'm also having issues with windows XP freezing when hibernate resumes, only im using a notebook PC with no peripherals plugged in. when i resume windows i freeze at the log on screen, locked up so tight my pointer doesn't even move. I've undone any system changes that i've made and I'm still stumped with the Freezing. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Mbai2 View Post
                    It's definately something to do with the USB devices and the way their power settings are configured. Some USB peripherals can not be powered down by windows and some need to be in order for Windows to hibernate properly. This settings can be found under the power management tab for for the USB device or USB hub that it is attached to.

I would unplug all USB peripherals (except for the touchscreen) and try hibernating. Then add another USB device and try hibernating again. Once you find the offending device, go into device manager and toggle the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option and try hibernating again. If it works, add another device until you get all of them plugged in and working. If it still doesn't work, see if there's another power management option specific to that device and toggle it. It took me about a half hour to get my system hibernating correctly using this method. Good luck with your hunt!

just out of curiosity mbai what device caused the problem?

i just started having the same problem ever since i started messing around with my usb devices' power trying to get to s3 standby (see thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97859). gonna try playing with the settings some more, will post back later

-roman
                    04 Corolla CARPC

Progress: 95% done (its never done)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97518

Comment

K7S41GX and hibernation trouble

I had trouble resuming with my ASRock K7S41GX and M1-ATX PSU. I altered nothing else but disabeling "USB Legacy Support" in the BIOS. Windows XP now hibernates and resumes properly.

With Centrafuse running with Explorer, the startuptime (music starts playing) is 15-16 seconds from power on.

Comment

I'm having this issue for the first time. When it tries to resume from hibernation, the progress bar moves a bit and then stops. Sometimes it goes only a quarter of the way, sometimes half of the way, and sometimes three-quarters. I have to turn the system off, then on again, and use the keyboard to press F8 and then option 2 so the system boots into Windows instead of resuming from hibernation. Even with this method, after I press F8, if I don't press option 2 in time, it freezes. It's annoying me because it only started doing this today and I haven't added any new USB devices or anything. I am going to unplug all USB devices except touchscreen to see what happens. Any other suggestions?
                        2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

Originally posted by MeeM View Post
                          I'm having this issue for the first time. When it tries to resume from hibernation, the progress bar moves a bit and then stops. Sometimes it goes only a quarter of the way, sometimes half of the way, and sometimes three-quarters. I have to turn the system off, then on again, and use the keyboard to press F8 and then option 2 so the system boots into Windows instead of resuming from hibernation. Even with this method, after I press F8, if I don't press option 2 in time, it freezes. It's annoying me because it only started doing this today and I haven't added any new USB devices or anything. I am going to unplug all USB devices except touchscreen to see what happens. Any other suggestions?
                          Try disabling hibernation, restarting the pc a couple times, defrag etc. The re-enable hibernation restart, and see what happens.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I ended up unplugged all USB devices except the touchscreen and it resumed from hibernation properly. I then plugged in the USB hub with the DVD drive connected to it and it hibernated fine and resumed fine. I think it may have been the GPS receiver because that seems to be the only one I haven't connected again. It may also be one of the USB ports on the motherboard because my USB Wifi adapter works on all of the motherboard's USB ports except one of them. I think the Wifi adapter tries to use a non-shared IRQ because when I connect the hub or DVD drive to that same USB port, they work fine.

Oh well. Hibernation issues seem to be fixed for now.
                            2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

Ok how about going to admin tools and looking at errors? Most likely you will finde that either soft or hardware was hanged during startup... it will tell you the port # if thts a USB. Most of the hangs are caused by unproper device initialization process. Yo can also play aroun w/ bootwiz to see which device category haveing trouble on boot

my 50c
                              Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
                              Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
                              3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Working...
                              X